The University of Findlay will host “A Night with Coach Herman Boone” at 8 p.m. Wednesday, April 23, in Winebrenner Theological Seminary. Doors will open at 7:30 p.m.
Boone, who was portrayed by actor Denzel Washington in “Remember the Titans,” will talk about overcoming obstacles, and he will share his life experiences.
Community members are welcome at both events, $1 at the door. UF students with a valid I.D. will be admitted at no cost.
Boone is a former high school football coach, most famous for coaching at T.C. Williams High School in Alexandria, Va. The movie follows the story of Boone, a newly appointed African-American coach, and his high school team during its first season as a racially integrated group.
Boone was originally scheduled to be on campus in February as part of UF’s celebration of Black History Month; this event was rescheduled due to weather.
For more information, contact Almar Walter, director of intercultural student services, at 419-434-6967.
- Columbus Dispatch Reporter to Discuss Changing Media Landscape
- UF Toys for Tots ’19 Drive to Begin Monday
- Business Alum’s Oiler 10 Experience Gives Her an Edge
- Author Details Personal Accounts of Israeli-Palestinian Conflict During Book Reading
- A Passion for Service on an International Scale
- Serving the Armed Forces with Animal Science