The University of Findlay will host “A Night with Coach Herman Boone” at 8 p.m. Wednesday, April 23, in Winebrenner Theological Seminary. Doors will open at 7:30 p.m.
Boone, who was portrayed by actor Denzel Washington in “Remember the Titans,” will talk about overcoming obstacles, and he will share his life experiences.
Community members are welcome at both events, $1 at the door. UF students with a valid I.D. will be admitted at no cost.
Boone is a former high school football coach, most famous for coaching at T.C. Williams High School in Alexandria, Va. The movie follows the story of Boone, a newly appointed African-American coach, and his high school team during its first season as a racially integrated group.
Boone was originally scheduled to be on campus in February as part of UF’s celebration of Black History Month; this event was rescheduled due to weather.
For more information, contact Almar Walter, director of intercultural student services, at 419-434-6967.
- Theatre Program Presents ‘A Wonderful Life: A Live Radio Play’
- UF’s College of Pharmacy Works to Raise Awareness During American Pharmacists Month
- That’s what Dreams are Made of: University of Findlay Alumna Stays Close to Home
- University of Findlay Digital Media Club to Host Mock Election, ‘Rock the Mock’ on Oct. 27
- UF’s College of Education Mourns the Loss of Faculty Member Dr. John “Skip” Cindric
- Mazza Museum Brings Back Tales for Tots & Funday Sunday with a Twist