The University of Findlay will host “A Night with Coach Herman Boone” at 8 p.m. Wednesday, April 23, in Winebrenner Theological Seminary. Doors will open at 7:30 p.m.
Boone, who was portrayed by actor Denzel Washington in “Remember the Titans,” will talk about overcoming obstacles, and he will share his life experiences.
Community members are welcome at both events, $1 at the door. UF students with a valid I.D. will be admitted at no cost.
Boone is a former high school football coach, most famous for coaching at T.C. Williams High School in Alexandria, Va. The movie follows the story of Boone, a newly appointed African-American coach, and his high school team during its first season as a racially integrated group.
Boone was originally scheduled to be on campus in February as part of UF’s celebration of Black History Month; this event was rescheduled due to weather.
For more information, contact Almar Walter, director of intercultural student services, at 419-434-6967.
- UF Telehealth Center has New Website, Offering Fellowship Opportunity
- University of Findlay Announces New Vice President of Enrollment Management
- Fighting on Two Fronts: Student Develops Tool to Aid in the Battle Against Opioid Addiction
- UF Comedy Jam to Return for 17th Season
- From Findlay to Festivals: UF Alumnus' Enthusiasm for Fun Knows No Bounds
- Biotech Brilliance: Findlay Chem Grad Advances Career in Lab Testing