Remember the man with a voice that could make a wolverine purr and suits so fine they made Sinatra look like a hobo? He’ll be coming to the University of Findlay on Saturday, Jan. 14 at 7 p.m. for Celebrity Bingo. The community is welcome.
Impersonating Ron Burgundy, the sexist, appearance-obsessed star in the movie “Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy” will be Rob Iberg. Admission will be $5 at the door, and free for those with a valid University I.D. The event, which will be held in the Alumni Memorial Union’s Multipurpose Room and include snacks (while they last) and prizes, is rated PG-13.
Iberg is a Florida-based professional actor, performer, voice actor, stunt actor and impersonator. He often performs live at popular Florida attractions Universal Studios and Disney properties. Other celebrity impersonations he’s known for include Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow, Jim Carrey as Ace Ventura, Christopher Lloyd as Dr. Emmett “Doc” Brown in “Back to the Future,” Bill Murray, Donald Trump and Buddy the Elf from “Elf.”
In September, at the 2016 Sunburst Celebrity Impersonators Sunny Awards Ceremony, Iberg received two national awards. He received the Transformational Award for being able to transform himself into numerous characters, and the Sybil Award for most personalities presented at Sunburst.
Celebrity Bingo is presented by UF’s Student Activities Board, an extension of the Office of Student Activities, Commuter Services and Leadership Development. Student Activities Board is a student board that strives to bring diverse entertainment to campus. Call 419-434-4606 for more information.
- University of Findlay Announces New Vice President of Enrollment Management
- Fighting on Two Fronts: Student Develops Tool to Aid in the Battle Against Opioid Addiction
- UF Comedy Jam to Return for 17th Season
- From Findlay to Festivals: UF Alumnus' Enthusiasm for Fun Knows No Bounds
- Biotech Brilliance: Findlay Chem Grad Advances Career in Lab Testing
- MLK, Jr. Week ’19 to Feature Student Diversity and Service