He brings a new element to playing the saxophone. Matt Corey will take his audience on a musical ride where the saxophone plays the role of the singer at The University of Findlay’s Music Bach Concert on Friday, Sept. 12 from 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. in the atrium of the Alumni Memorial Union. Admission is free and the community is welcome.
Corey has traveled the world with a high-energy show that features music one wouldn’t expect to hear from a saxophone. Corey covers musical hits from Bruno Mars and Justin Timberlake to Jay Z and Michael Jackson.
Corey was nominated Best Music Act of 2012 by Campus Activities Magazine; named Male Solo Artist of the Year in 2011, 2012 and 2013; and his performance as lead role in the Emmy and Tony award winning Broadway spectacular “Blast!” was singled out by the London Theatre Guide as “Exquisite!”
Corey has performed along with other artists such as Lil Wayne, Mike Posner, Dave Matthews, New Boyz and many more. Most recently, Corey played alongside the Canton Orchestra for their concert in June of 2014.
Music Bach’s Series is a concert series that runs throughout the academic year and features live musicians. The concert takes place over the lunch hour and individuals attending may pack a lunch or purchase one in The Cave. Attendees may stay for the entire concert or for a few minutes as their schedules permit. The Music Bach Series has been one of The University of Findlay’s traditions for more than 25 years.
For more information contact the Student Activities, Commuter Services and Leadership Development Office by calling 419-434-4606 or email email@example.com.
- Alumnus Enjoys Profession and Values the University that Got Him There
- Annual Enchanted Brush Virtually Showcases “Creatures Most Curious”
- Oiler Mobile App Wins Title of “Best Student Engagement App” by Modo Labs
- UF Saddened by Passing of Trustee Emeritus George M. Showers
- Touchless Water Fountains to Decrease the Spread of Germs on UF Campus
- UF Alumnus Uses Knowledge Gained as an Oiler to Succeed in Career