The second session in The University of Findlay’s fall 2012 Senior Forum will be held on Wednesday, Oct. 3, in the Alumni Memorial Union on campus.
Each forum consists of three sessions. A buffet lunch is available for an additional $5 per person, per day. A complimentary coffee and tea bar, along with reserved parking, also will be available.
The first program will feature “Simon Girty: Patriot or Turncoat” with Ken Hammontree, from 10:15-11:45 a.m.
The second program of the day will feature “Cruising the Agean and the Adriatic” with Doris Salis, Ph.D., adjunct faculty at UF and self-proclaimed enthusiastic traveler, from noon-1 p.m.
The final program of the day will feature “Mazza Memories” with Dr. Jerry Mallet, UF professor of education and curator of the Mazza Museum, from 1:15-2:30 p.m.
To obtain a registration form, contact Nancy Leatherman at 419-434-4672. To register, send the completed form and payment to: Nancy Leatherman, The University of Findlay, Office of Academic Affairs, 1000 N. Main St., Findlay OH 45840. Checks should be made payable to The University of Findlay.
The Senior Forum is a six-part, weekly series of flexible learning opportunities for the retired community. The University and the Hancock County Agency on Aging sponsor the series.
For more information, contact Doris Salis, Ph.D., at 419-422-3560, or the University’s Office of Academic Affairs at 419-434-4553.
- Alumna hired by Cleveland Browns
- Ohio Veterinarian Follows in Father’s UF Board of Trustees Footsteps
- January ’19 Educator Workshops to Focus on Helping Children Contend with Loss
- At Birchaven, Art Bridges Generational, Cognitive Gaps
- From Notion to Reality: Research in Air Pollution Leads to New Chamber
- Game, Set, Match: Gatherings Offer Opportunities for Moving and Learning