M. Chandra Sekar, Ph.D., associate professor in the College of Pharmacy, was invited to be a visiting faculty at the CIMS-CON (Care Institute of Medical Sciences Conference) 2012 Jan. 6-8 in Ahmadabad, India.
He was one of 18 international faculty invited to attend this conference and was the only non-cardiologist in the conference. The title of his presentation was “Ten things a physician should remember before writing a prescription.”
Sekar indicated that his invitation to present at this conference was the result of his recent efforts and commitment to improve pharmacy practice and the role of the pharmacist in the Indian health care system.
Sekar also presented on “Pharmacogenomics and personalized medicine” at JSS University, Mysore, on Jan. 10, 2012, where he has is an adjunct instructor.
- Standout Staples: Regional Business Leaders Offer Advice for Professional Newbies
- Recovery Art Portraying Personal Journeys to be Presented
- College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences Partners with 50 North to host ‘Ask the Professor’ Series
- UF Helping Hands Food Drive Increasing Collection Goal
- Leading the Way: Business Affiliates Scholarship Program Supports Students from the Region
- Mazza Museum’s Funday Sunday Series to Return in November