M. Chandra Sekar, Ph.D., associate professor in the College of Pharmacy, was invited to be a visiting faculty at the CIMS-CON (Care Institute of Medical Sciences Conference) 2012 Jan. 6-8 in Ahmadabad, India.
He was one of 18 international faculty invited to attend this conference and was the only non-cardiologist in the conference. The title of his presentation was “Ten things a physician should remember before writing a prescription.”
Sekar indicated that his invitation to present at this conference was the result of his recent efforts and commitment to improve pharmacy practice and the role of the pharmacist in the Indian health care system.
Sekar also presented on “Pharmacogenomics and personalized medicine” at JSS University, Mysore, on Jan. 10, 2012, where he has is an adjunct instructor.
- Choose Your Inspiration: Karen Beard M ‘96 Looks Back
- UF Hosting its 3rd Annual International Mother Language Day Event
- University of Findlay to Host “The Future of Food” Event on Campus
- University of Findlay’s Mazza Museum Celebrates Women’s Suffrage Movement Anniversary
- Alum to Speak about Ugandan National Forensic DNA Laboratory Fellowship
- Physician Assistant Lab Moves; Adds Simulated Surgical Suite