The seventh annual UF Symposium for Scholarship and Creativity was held April 17 on campus. Opening with a University-wide awards ceremony, students were recognized for academic achievement, leadership and service. Derek Putnam and Sarah Foltz were named Founder’s Son and Daughter, among other student recognitions.
Following, the six colleges conducted their own student awards presentations, with each awards ceremony including an alumni speaker. Alumni speakers were: Beth (Foos ’01) Obringer, College of Health Professions; Ryan Imke (M ’09), College of Education; Kushal Patel (Pharm.D. ’10), College of Pharmacy; Pamela K.M. Beall (’78) and Mark Butler, College of Business; Jade (Braman ’09) Mowery, College of Sciences; and Christopher Parriott (’11), College of Liberal Arts.
Students’ academic research and performing and visual arts demonstrations were presented and displayed throughout the afternoon, concluding with a poster session. Presentations and demonstrations were given by 95 students, with nearly 160 students participating in poster presentations.
- Thomas A. Reineke Named to UF Board of Trustees
- Reading, Writing, and Arithmetic: University of Findlay Alumna Jenalee Hinds ‘01 M ‘03
- Making Futures ‘BRITE’: New Program to Offer Entrepreneurial Support
- Students Helping Students: SGA Funds Campus Improvements
- A Musical Path: University of Findlay Alumnus Lynn Hernandez '92
- Read the Label: Students Work Toward a Better Understanding