David Davis, a multitalented musical artist with an unforgettable soulful voice, will perform at the University of Findlay on Friday, Sept. 7 as part of the free, public Music Bach’s Concert Series. His Alumni Memorial Union show will take place from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Davis explains his artistry is characterized by natural talent and “radical vulnerability” that was nurtured at a young age. “For as long as he can recall, he has been fixed on a music career. Chicago-born and surrounded by eight siblings, he captured attention by belting out Motown classics, performing in church, and always finding his way to a stage.
He perfected his piano and performance skills while studying in the nationally renowned Belmont University music program, drawing inspiration from the likes of Stevie Wonder, Luther Vandross and Adele.
Davis has recorded with legendary producers, from RedOne (Lady Gaga, Nicki Minaj, Jennifer Lopez and One Direction) to Aaron Sprinkle (One Republic and Eisley). He has garnered a wide range of awards and reviews, has had songs featured on hit TV shows, and has performed more than 500 shows in the past two years throughout the country. He has played to sold-out clubs and festivals, both as a headliner and as an opening act for the likes of Jon Bellion and John Legend. Davis’ voice, arrangements, and productions have been featured on chart-topping records, and commercials for major brands and networks, as well as across hundreds of stages internationally.
For more about David Davis and to hear some of his music, visit www.justdaviddavis.com
The Music Bach’s Concert Series is sponsored and hosted by Student Activities Board, “your source for diverse edutainment.” For additional information, call 419-434-4606.
- Marathon Process Improvement Expert Gene Fernandez Serving as UF’s Fall ’19 Dana Chair
- U.S. News & World Report Ranks UF Nationally for Academic Excellence and Student ‘Social Mobility’
- Greek Tale ‘Eurydice’ to be Staged During ’19 Homecoming and Family Weekend
- UF’s Black Student Union to Celebrate 50th Anniversary During Homecoming & Family Weekend
- Celebrating Culture: Alumnus and Director Robert E. Braylock Praises Differences
- Harry Melroy’s Intuitive Art Encourages Individual Storytelling