The University of Findlay Jazz Ensemble will present its annual Spring Concert at 3 p.m. Sunday, March 23, in the Winebrenner Theological Seminary TLB auditorium.
The ensemble will perform several selections from the Glenn Miller Orchestra Library. Other selections include “Spain” by Chick Corea; “Birdland” by Weather Report and Manhattan Transfer; and “Afro Blue” and “Naima” by John Coltrane.
UF students, faculty and staff and community members are welcome at no cost, however, tickets to reserve seating are required. To reserve seating, contact the UF box office at 419-434-4458.
Under the direction of Jack Taylor, professor of music, the band will play a variety of music for big band from classic music of the swing era to more recent selections.
- Unique Perspective: Alumnus Dallas Smith ’17 Believes in Service
- Prolific and Celebrated Prose Writer and Poet Nikki Grimes to Present at UF
- Broadway Sensation Laura Osnes to Perform at UF
- Athletics 101: Head Athletic Trainer at UF is More than Meets the Eye
- Cancer Fighting Compounds: Pharmacy Students Developing New Drug
- Lighting the Way: Sustainability Efforts Illuminating UF’s Western Farm