The University of Findlay Jazz Ensemble will present its annual Spring Concert at 3 p.m. Sunday, March 23, in the Winebrenner Theological Seminary TLB auditorium.
The ensemble will perform several selections from the Glenn Miller Orchestra Library. Other selections include “Spain” by Chick Corea; “Birdland” by Weather Report and Manhattan Transfer; and “Afro Blue” and “Naima” by John Coltrane.
UF students, faculty and staff and community members are welcome at no cost, however, tickets to reserve seating are required. To reserve seating, contact the UF box office at 419-434-4458.
Under the direction of Jack Taylor, professor of music, the band will play a variety of music for big band from classic music of the swing era to more recent selections.
- Alumna hired by Cleveland Browns
- Ohio Veterinarian Follows in Father’s UF Board of Trustees Footsteps
- January ’19 Educator Workshops to Focus on Helping Children Contend with Loss
- At Birchaven, Art Bridges Generational, Cognitive Gaps
- From Notion to Reality: Research in Air Pollution Leads to New Chamber
- Game, Set, Match: Gatherings Offer Opportunities for Moving and Learning