The University of Findlay Orchestra, conducted by Thomas Carey, will present “String Classics” at 3 p.m. Sunday, April 27, in Winebrenner Theological Seminary, TLB Auditorium.
The concert will include music by Mozart, Bach, Johann Strauss, Respighi and others. Selections will include Bach’s Brandenburg Concerto No. 3 with a middle movement composed by the conductor; Samuel Barber’s Adagio for Strings; the Radetzky March by Johann Strauss; and Jump Street Swing Jam, featuring solo work on vibraphone by UF percussion instructor Michael Malloy.
Graduating seniors will be recognized during the program.
The University of Findlay Orchestra is a string ensemble numbering more than 50 University students, staff and community members. Performances are in the fall and spring. The concert is free, open to the public, and tickets are not required.
- Serving the Armed Forces with Animal Science
- New Henderson Dining Hall Station Serving Allergen-Free Fare
- Memorial Service at UF to be Held in Remembrance of Former Board of Trustees Member
- UF Helping Hands Food Drive Collects More than 115,000 Pounds for Regional Residents in Need
- From Field Medic to Nursing Grad: Navy Veteran Uses Medical Experience to Earn BSN
- Holiday Choral Concerts to Showcase Latin Mass Adaptation of ‘Gloria’