The United States District Court, Northern District of Ohio, will hold a naturalization ceremony at The University of Findlay at 12:30 p.m. Wednesday, April 16, in the Koehler Fitness and Recreation Complex with the Honorable Vernelis K. Armstrong, United States Magistrate Judge, Northern District of Toledo, presiding.
Community members are welcome to attend.
Christina Terry, The University of Findlay, Student Government Association president and graduating senior, will open and adjourn the court. Guest vocalist Sandra Agans Krueger, mezzo soprano, accompanied by the Van Buren High School Concert Band, will lead the National Anthem and sing “America The Beautiful.” Lucas Opperman, Student Government Association vice president and graduating senior, will lead the Pledge of Allegiance.
Findlay High School senior Boden Fisher will address The Benefits of Citizenship. Hancock County seniors Mikael Keiffer, Arcadia; Dexter Wilson, Arlington; and Samantha Walter, Riverdale; will speak to The Obligations of Citizenship.
The Van Buren High School Concert Band, under the direction of Rick Eakin, director of bands, Van Buren High School, will provide music for the program.
The Sons of the American Revolution, led by Daniel Haas, will Present the Colors.
Congressman Robert Latta, U.S. Representative for Ohio’s 5th congressional district, will provide remarks, and Tina Brown, courtroom deputy for Magistrate Judge Armstrong will read the names of the new citizens.
- That’s what Dreams are Made of: University of Findlay Alumna Stays Close to Home
- University of Findlay Digital Media Club to Host Mock Election, ‘Rock the Mock’ on Oct. 27
- UF’s College of Education Mourns the Loss of Faculty Member Dr. John “Skip” Cindric
- Mazza Museum Brings Back Tales for Tots & Funday Sunday with a Twist
- That’s a Wrap on UF’s 2020 Virtual Homecoming!
- Ag Business Leaders to Discuss Changes and Challenges in Industry During Fridays at Findlay