In conjunction with the 125th Endowed Funds Drive, Dr. Mark A. “Tony” Pitts ’85 established the Tony Pitts Football Scholarship Endowment Fund.
Pitts played football and ran track during his tenure at Findlay. He was a volunteer leader for the 125th Endowed Funds Drive.
This scholarship shall be awarded to African American students who are members of the UF Oiler football team. Recipients must have at least a 3.0 GPA.
The goal of the endowed fund drive was to create 125 new endowed funds for student scholarship, faculty development and program support. Thus far, 138 new funds totaling more than $11 million have been created.
- Alumnus Enjoys Profession and Values the University that Got Him There
- Annual Enchanted Brush Virtually Showcases “Creatures Most Curious”
- Oiler Mobile App Wins Title of “Best Student Engagement App” by Modo Labs
- UF Saddened by Passing of Trustee Emeritus George M. Showers
- Touchless Water Fountains to Decrease the Spread of Germs on UF Campus
- UF Alumnus Uses Knowledge Gained as an Oiler to Succeed in Career