In conjunction with the 125th Endowed Funds Drive, Dr. Mark A. “Tony” Pitts ’85 established the Tony Pitts Football Scholarship Endowment Fund.
Pitts played football and ran track during his tenure at Findlay. He was a volunteer leader for the 125th Endowed Funds Drive.
This scholarship shall be awarded to African American students who are members of the UF Oiler football team. Recipients must have at least a 3.0 GPA.
The goal of the endowed fund drive was to create 125 new endowed funds for student scholarship, faculty development and program support. Thus far, 138 new funds totaling more than $11 million have been created.
- Alumna hired by Cleveland Browns
- Ohio Veterinarian Follows in Father’s UF Board of Trustees Footsteps
- January ’19 Educator Workshops to Focus on Helping Children Contend with Loss
- At Birchaven, Art Bridges Generational, Cognitive Gaps
- From Notion to Reality: Research in Air Pollution Leads to New Chamber
- Game, Set, Match: Gatherings Offer Opportunities for Moving and Learning