Five voices, zero instruments and one exciting new vocal sound! Canadian a cappella group EH440 will grace the University of Findlay’s Alumni Memorial Union on Sept. 16 from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. as part of the school year’s Music Bach’s Concert Series, which is free and open to the public.
EH440 formed in 2012. Their website describes their music as “an unforgettable combination of crazy beatboxing, sassy rapping, killer harmonies, and fresh, urban R&B-influenced compositions.”
As children, members Janet Turner and Stacey Kay competed against each other in singing competitions. Adulthood saw Jake Stern brought into the mix after performing as Jesus in a North American Broadway tour for “Godspell.” Luke Stapleton, a.k.a. the Human Record, has beatboxed since he was a child. Joe Oliva sang bass in his high school choir. The five a capella members came together at the Toronto Independent Music Awards.
EH440’s debut album, “Turn Me Up,” illustrates the members’ breadth of talent. For more information on the group, visit its website at www.eh440.com.
Music Bach’s Concert Series is a free concert series presented by UF’s Student Activities Board; an extension of the office Student Activities, Commuter Services and Leadership Development. Student Activities Board is a student board that strives to bring diverse edutainment to campus. Call 419-434-4606 for more information.
- Old Main’s Ecological Footprint
- All Hazards Training Center to Offer Free Refresher Course During Homecoming and Family Weekend
- Support and Guidance: Jena Meloy ’06 Continues to Grow by Example
- Budding Pharmacists get a Dose of the Profession
- Constant Engagement: Rachel Darroch ’07 is Always an Oiler
- Study Abroad Takes Students to Austria for Cross-Cultural Business Conference