Five voices, zero instruments and one exciting new vocal sound! Canadian a cappella group EH440 will grace the University of Findlay’s Alumni Memorial Union on Sept. 16 from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. as part of the school year’s Music Bach’s Concert Series, which is free and open to the public.
EH440 formed in 2012. Their website describes their music as “an unforgettable combination of crazy beatboxing, sassy rapping, killer harmonies, and fresh, urban R&B-influenced compositions.”
As children, members Janet Turner and Stacey Kay competed against each other in singing competitions. Adulthood saw Jake Stern brought into the mix after performing as Jesus in a North American Broadway tour for “Godspell.” Luke Stapleton, a.k.a. the Human Record, has beatboxed since he was a child. Joe Oliva sang bass in his high school choir. The five a capella members came together at the Toronto Independent Music Awards.
EH440’s debut album, “Turn Me Up,” illustrates the members’ breadth of talent. For more information on the group, visit its website at www.eh440.com.
Music Bach’s Concert Series is a free concert series presented by UF’s Student Activities Board; an extension of the office Student Activities, Commuter Services and Leadership Development. Student Activities Board is a student board that strives to bring diverse edutainment to campus. Call 419-434-4606 for more information.
- Faith, Flexibility and Forethought: Alumnus Phillip Riegle ’00 Stays Close to Roots
- Slippery Elm Literary Journal Hosts Deanna Tulley Multimedia Contest
- Religion Professor Publishes Monograph About Korean Philosopher Ham Sok Hon
- Findlay’s Environmental, Health, Safety & Sustainability Program Receives Reaccreditation
- UF Theatre Presents Free Online Improv Show Directed by Alumna
- UF Pharmacy Alumna Awarded a Department of Veterans Affairs Coin