The University of Findlay’s 12th annual Toys for Tots drive has begun. It will culminate with a free, public Christmas party on Dec. 7 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Alumni Memorial Union’s fireside lounge. Guests will have the opportunity to meet, greet and thank U.S. Marine Corps members for their service; meet Santa’s helper; and enjoy Christmas music along with snacks.
The University’s goal is to collect 250 toys on campus for needy Hancock County children. The donations will assist the U.S. Marines with providing four toys for each eligible child. The Marine Corps works in conjunction with the Salvation Army and Chopin Hall, both of which are Hancock County services that work to make sure everyone is fairly served.
Cash donations will go toward the purchase of toys in an age category that may have a need that has not been met by toy donations. The Marines will then shop for toys to help make children’s dreams come true this holiday season.
Donations can be made during the Christmas party or at the Alumni Memorial Union’s drop box located next to office 8A. Toy drop-off times will be from 9 a.m. to noon, and from 1-5 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 2 a.m., Monday, Dec. 5 and Tuesday, Dec. 6. All toys must be new, unwrapped and suitable for children ages infant to 15 years. Electronics such as DVDs, CDs, video games and gaming systems are discouraged. Cash donations will be accepted in the Office of Student Activities.
Last year, UF collected 251 toys and $253 in cash donations.
- UF Professor Widening Students’ Global Lens Virtually
- UF Preparing for Fall with the Oilers Start Safe & Stay Safe Plan
- A Lasting Pride: University of Findlay Alumnus Strives to Serve
- A Flood of Research: Storytelling in the Digital Age
- UF to Host Virtual Career Networking for 2020 Graduates
- You Get What You Hope For: University of Findlay Alumnus Lives a Childhood Ambition