Imagine more than 200,000 pounds of food being donated and the impact that has on a community. Over the past eight years, The University of Findlay, with its dining service, Sodexo, has collected 204,098 pounds of food from students, faculty, staff and community to donate to Chopin Hall as part of Sodexo’s nationwide food drive.
This year, on Nov. 5, 2014, the goal is to collect over 56,000 pounds of food to beat last year’s record of 55,211 pounds. Within a 12-hour period, from 7:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m., the Findlay community is invited to drop off donations of canned goods at stations around the community.
On the University’s campus, goods can be donated at Henderson Dining Hall located on Frazer Street. There will be a drive-in drop-off station located in front of the Alumni Memorial Union also on Frazer Street. In addition, from 11am-7pm, Helping Hands “Fill the Fleet” will be at Findlay’s East Side Walmart on Tiffin Avenue collecting donations.
The top four items needed by Chopin Hall are peanut butter, canned vegetables, canned fruit and soup.
To count toward the goal, all food items must be within the expiration dates and must not be damaged. Each donated item will be recorded in a logbook and witnessed by community and University representatives. Only cans collected on Nov. 5 during the 12-hour time period will count towards the effort.
Live broadcasts from WFIN’s Phone Club and WKXA will occur at the site from 9-11am, and UF’s WLFC will broadcast from 5-7pm at the event.
For additional information on how you can support the event, contact David P. Harr, director of dining services, at 419-434-4542.
- University Marching Band Adds Color Guard
- Still Studying Life: Biology Graduate Continues Education
- Stories in Space: University of Findlay and Findlay-Hancock Public Library Partner for Summer Education
- Nine Acclaimed Authors, Illustrators to Present at Mazza Museum Summer Conference ‘19
- Femininity Featured in Exhibition
- Big Heart for Art: University of Findlay’s Mazza Museum Coordinator Feels Blessed