The University of Findlay and the Black Heritage Library and Multicultural Center of Findlay will host the 8th Annual Martin Luther King Jr. Unity Walk and program at 6 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 15.
The walk will begin at 6 p.m. at St. Marks United Methodist Church, located at 800 S. Main St., Findlay. Participants will proceed from the main church doors to Dorney Plaza for a short prayer and reflection, returning the church at the conclusion.
The program will begin at approximately 6:45 p.m. at St. Marks, where Dr. Glenn Thomas Walter will speak. Walter is president of Leadership Training Consultants Inc. and was the first African American to serve as CEO of Columbus Works Inc., a central Ohio training conglomerate nationally recognized for its best practices in occupational skills development and training.
The purpose of the event is to recognize and honor the contributions of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., a Nobel Prize winner and leader in American history.
For more information, contact the University’s Office of Intercultural Student Services at 419-434-6967.
- Thank You, Day of Giving Donors!
- Alumna’s Growing Nonprofit Calls Downtown Findlay Home for a Decade
- Physical Therapy Students to Host Community Wellness Day
- UF Receives Grants for Digital Storytelling and Entrepreneurial Student Projects
- Derrick Reveal: Senior Joseph O’Toole Confirms Suspicions
- 2019 IHSA Western Semifinals