The University of Findlay and the Black Heritage Library and Multicultural Center of Findlay will host the 8th Annual Martin Luther King Jr. Unity Walk and program at 6 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 15.
The walk will begin at 6 p.m. at St. Marks United Methodist Church, located at 800 S. Main St., Findlay. Participants will proceed from the main church doors to Dorney Plaza for a short prayer and reflection, returning the church at the conclusion.
The program will begin at approximately 6:45 p.m. at St. Marks, where Dr. Glenn Thomas Walter will speak. Walter is president of Leadership Training Consultants Inc. and was the first African American to serve as CEO of Columbus Works Inc., a central Ohio training conglomerate nationally recognized for its best practices in occupational skills development and training.
The purpose of the event is to recognize and honor the contributions of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., a Nobel Prize winner and leader in American history.
For more information, contact the University’s Office of Intercultural Student Services at 419-434-6967.
- Equestrian Show Team Results - 12/1 & 12/2
- Alumna hired by Cleveland Browns
- Ohio Veterinarian Follows in Father’s UF Board of Trustees Footsteps
- January ’19 Educator Workshops to Focus on Helping Children Contend with Loss
- At Birchaven, Art Bridges Generational, Cognitive Gaps
- From Notion to Reality: Research in Air Pollution Leads to New Chamber