The University of Findlay and the Black Heritage Library and Multicultural Center of Findlay will host the 8th Annual Martin Luther King Jr. Unity Walk and program at 6 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 15.
The walk will begin at 6 p.m. at St. Marks United Methodist Church, located at 800 S. Main St., Findlay. Participants will proceed from the main church doors to Dorney Plaza for a short prayer and reflection, returning the church at the conclusion.
The program will begin at approximately 6:45 p.m. at St. Marks, where Dr. Glenn Thomas Walter will speak. Walter is president of Leadership Training Consultants Inc. and was the first African American to serve as CEO of Columbus Works Inc., a central Ohio training conglomerate nationally recognized for its best practices in occupational skills development and training.
The purpose of the event is to recognize and honor the contributions of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., a Nobel Prize winner and leader in American history.
For more information, contact the University’s Office of Intercultural Student Services at 419-434-6967.
- University Marching Band Adds Color Guard
- Still Studying Life: Biology Graduate Continues Education
- Stories in Space: University of Findlay and Findlay-Hancock Public Library Partner for Summer Education
- Nine Acclaimed Authors, Illustrators to Present at Mazza Museum Summer Conference ‘19
- Femininity Featured in Exhibition
- Big Heart for Art: University of Findlay’s Mazza Museum Coordinator Feels Blessed