On Thursday, Friday and Saturday, Feb. 7-9, The University of Findlay’s Board of Trustees met and awarded a board member emeritus status and approved faculty promotions, tenures and sabbaticals, in addition to holding discussions about academic programming and other topics.
The trustees voted unanimously to honor Dr. Charles Younger with the designation of trustee emeritus. Younger, a trustee from October 2000 to November 2012, served on the business affairs, audit, investment and honorary degree committees. Younger received an honorary doctorate from the University in 1997. He and his wife, Mariann, have been active as donors and volunteers.
The University continues to work toward development of a bachelor of science in nursing program, and trustees discussed plans for staffing and facilities.
Twelve faculty members were approved for promotion and tenure, and five faculty members were approved for sabbatical leave during the 2012-13 academic year.
In addition, the board welcomed Rebecca Butler as vice president for enrollment management, effective Jan. 22.
- Serving the Armed Forces with Animal Science
- New Henderson Dining Hall Station Serving Allergen-Free Fare
- Memorial Service at UF to be Held in Remembrance of Former Board of Trustees Member
- UF Helping Hands Food Drive Collects More than 115,000 Pounds for Regional Residents in Need
- From Field Medic to Nursing Grad: Navy Veteran Uses Medical Experience to Earn BSN
- Holiday Choral Concerts to Showcase Latin Mass Adaptation of ‘Gloria’