On Thursday, Friday and Saturday, Feb. 7-9, The University of Findlay’s Board of Trustees met and awarded a board member emeritus status and approved faculty promotions, tenures and sabbaticals, in addition to holding discussions about academic programming and other topics.
The trustees voted unanimously to honor Dr. Charles Younger with the designation of trustee emeritus. Younger, a trustee from October 2000 to November 2012, served on the business affairs, audit, investment and honorary degree committees. Younger received an honorary doctorate from the University in 1997. He and his wife, Mariann, have been active as donors and volunteers.
The University continues to work toward development of a bachelor of science in nursing program, and trustees discussed plans for staffing and facilities.
Twelve faculty members were approved for promotion and tenure, and five faculty members were approved for sabbatical leave during the 2012-13 academic year.
In addition, the board welcomed Rebecca Butler as vice president for enrollment management, effective Jan. 22.
- Unique Perspective: Alumnus Dallas Smith ’17 Believes in Service
- Prolific and Celebrated Prose Writer and Poet Nikki Grimes to Present at UF
- Broadway Sensation Laura Osnes to Perform at UF
- Athletics 101: Head Athletic Trainer at UF is More than Meets the Eye
- Cancer Fighting Compounds: Pharmacy Students Developing New Drug
- Lighting the Way: Sustainability Efforts Illuminating UF’s Western Farm