The University of Findlay is looking forward to welcoming students back to campus for the fall 2018 semester! New student orientation weekend, jam-packed with service, learning and social opportunities, will begin soon. Here’s a schedule of key events:
Wednesday, Aug. 15 – 5-8 p.m., early move-in for students signed up for new student registration.
Thursday, Aug. 16 – 1:30-6:30 p.m., Move-In Day. Even if it rains, this is always a great time! Faculty, staff and returning students pitch in to help students and caregivers move in to campus housing.
Friday, Aug. 17 – 4-5:30 p.m. – Griffith Memorial Arch Ceremony for new students. As one of the oldest college traditions in Northwest Ohio, new students process through the arch toward Old Main and, according to tradition, don’t walk back through it until graduation. This event is also when students say goodbye to family members and friends who helped move them to UF.
Saturday, Aug. 18 – 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. – Student Orientation Service Projects throughout the region. Students participate in several activities, such as painting and weeding, which benefit organizations, schools and other groups within Findlay and Hancock County.
Sunday, Aug. 19 – 5-6 p.m., all-campus picnic on Corey Street Mall.
Monday, Aug. 20 – Classes begin for standard semester sessions.
- University of Findlay Dining Upgrades with New Look and Delivery Robots
- University of Findlay Ready for ‘22 Campus Opening Activities
- Anne Kenworthy Named University of Findlay VP of Enrollment Management
- Summer ’22 FindlayMag: Thinking Critically, Leading Ethically
- UF’s Director of Human Resources Robert Link Takes Position at University of Wyoming
- The Findlay-Hancock County Library and University of Findlay Partner for the Human Library