The University of Findlay is looking forward to welcoming students back to campus for the fall 2018 semester! New student orientation weekend, jam-packed with service, learning and social opportunities, will begin soon. Here’s a schedule of key events:
Wednesday, Aug. 15 – 5-8 p.m., early move-in for students signed up for new student registration.
Thursday, Aug. 16 – 1:30-6:30 p.m., Move-In Day. Even if it rains, this is always a great time! Faculty, staff and returning students pitch in to help students and caregivers move in to campus housing.
Friday, Aug. 17 – 4-5:30 p.m. – Griffith Memorial Arch Ceremony for new students. As one of the oldest college traditions in Northwest Ohio, new students process through the arch toward Old Main and, according to tradition, don’t walk back through it until graduation. This event is also when students say goodbye to family members and friends who helped move them to UF.
Saturday, Aug. 18 – 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. – Student Orientation Service Projects throughout the region. Students participate in several activities, such as painting and weeding, which benefit organizations, schools and other groups within Findlay and Hancock County.
Sunday, Aug. 19 – 5-6 p.m., all-campus picnic on Corey Street Mall.
Monday, Aug. 20 – Classes begin for standard semester sessions.
- Standout Staples: Regional Business Leaders Offer Advice for Professional Newbies
- Recovery Art Portraying Personal Journeys to be Presented
- College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences Partners with 50 North to host ‘Ask the Professor’ Series
- UF Helping Hands Food Drive Increasing Collection Goal
- Leading the Way: Business Affiliates Scholarship Program Supports Students from the Region
- Mazza Museum’s Funday Sunday Series to Return in November