The University of Findlay is looking forward to welcoming students back to campus for the fall 2018 semester! New student orientation weekend, jam-packed with service, learning and social opportunities, will begin soon. Here’s a schedule of key events:
Wednesday, Aug. 15 – 5-8 p.m., early move-in for students signed up for new student registration.
Thursday, Aug. 16 – 1:30-6:30 p.m., Move-In Day. Even if it rains, this is always a great time! Faculty, staff and returning students pitch in to help students and caregivers move in to campus housing.
Friday, Aug. 17 – 4-5:30 p.m. – Griffith Memorial Arch Ceremony for new students. As one of the oldest college traditions in Northwest Ohio, new students process through the arch toward Old Main and, according to tradition, don’t walk back through it until graduation. This event is also when students say goodbye to family members and friends who helped move them to UF.
Saturday, Aug. 18 – 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. – Student Orientation Service Projects throughout the region. Students participate in several activities, such as painting and weeding, which benefit organizations, schools and other groups within Findlay and Hancock County.
Sunday, Aug. 19 – 5-6 p.m., all-campus picnic on Corey Street Mall.
Monday, Aug. 20 – Classes begin for standard semester sessions.
- A Place Called Home: Findlay Alumna Succeeds Right Where She was Raised
- UF to Hold Virtual MLK, Jr. Celebration
- Online MS in Environmental, Safety, & Health Management Ranked Top 10 for 2021
- Brian D. Whitaker Receives Teaching Award for Food and Agricultural Sciences
- UF Welcomes ’21 Donnell Broadway Concert Series Guest Artist Matthew Hydzik
- UF Faculty Tips: Winter Pet Health