The University of Findlay is looking forward to welcoming students back to campus for the fall 2018 semester! New student orientation weekend, jam-packed with service, learning and social opportunities, will begin soon. Here’s a schedule of key events:
Wednesday, Aug. 15 – 5-8 p.m., early move-in for students signed up for new student registration.
Thursday, Aug. 16 – 1:30-6:30 p.m., Move-In Day. Even if it rains, this is always a great time! Faculty, staff and returning students pitch in to help students and caregivers move in to campus housing.
Friday, Aug. 17 – 4-5:30 p.m. – Griffith Memorial Arch Ceremony for new students. As one of the oldest college traditions in Northwest Ohio, new students process through the arch toward Old Main and, according to tradition, don’t walk back through it until graduation. This event is also when students say goodbye to family members and friends who helped move them to UF.
Saturday, Aug. 18 – 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. – Student Orientation Service Projects throughout the region. Students participate in several activities, such as painting and weeding, which benefit organizations, schools and other groups within Findlay and Hancock County.
Sunday, Aug. 19 – 5-6 p.m., all-campus picnic on Corey Street Mall.
Monday, Aug. 20 – Classes begin for standard semester sessions.
- Alumna hired by Cleveland Browns
- Ohio Veterinarian Follows in Father’s UF Board of Trustees Footsteps
- January ’19 Educator Workshops to Focus on Helping Children Contend with Loss
- At Birchaven, Art Bridges Generational, Cognitive Gaps
- From Notion to Reality: Research in Air Pollution Leads to New Chamber
- Game, Set, Match: Gatherings Offer Opportunities for Moving and Learning