“Swing’s the Thing” for The University of Findlay Jazz Ensemble concert to be held at 3 p.m. Sunday, March 22 at Winebrenner Theological Seminary’s TLB Auditorium.
Admission will be free but tickets will be required by visiting the UF Box Office located in the Alumni Memorial Union’s Fireside Lounge, or by calling (419) 434-5335.
Featured musicians will be saxophonist Katie Mehlow from Oak Harbor, trombonist Brian Miller from Rittman and trumpeter Brandon Merz from Cincinnati.
Lively works by well-known composers and arrangers will be performed. Some of those will include “Do Nothin’ Till You Hear from Me” by Duke Ellington and Lisa DeSpain, “I’m getting Sentimental Over You” by Ned Washington and Scott Ragsdale, “R U Chicken?” by Chris Berg and “Tribute to Louis Armstrong” featuring a medley of Armstrong tunes arranged by Rusty Diedrick.
Jack Taylor, professor of music at UF, will direct the concert, which is part of the University’s 2014-2015 Concert and Lecture Series.
- Old Main’s Ecological Footprint
- All Hazards Training Center to Offer Free Refresher Course During Homecoming and Family Weekend
- Support and Guidance: Jena Meloy ’06 Continues to Grow by Example
- Budding Pharmacists get a Dose of the Profession
- Constant Engagement: Rachel Darroch ’07 is Always an Oiler
- Study Abroad Takes Students to Austria for Cross-Cultural Business Conference