“Swing’s the Thing” for The University of Findlay Jazz Ensemble concert to be held at 3 p.m. Sunday, March 22 at Winebrenner Theological Seminary’s TLB Auditorium.
Admission will be free but tickets will be required by visiting the UF Box Office located in the Alumni Memorial Union’s Fireside Lounge, or by calling (419) 434-5335.
Featured musicians will be saxophonist Katie Mehlow from Oak Harbor, trombonist Brian Miller from Rittman and trumpeter Brandon Merz from Cincinnati.
Lively works by well-known composers and arrangers will be performed. Some of those will include “Do Nothin’ Till You Hear from Me” by Duke Ellington and Lisa DeSpain, “I’m getting Sentimental Over You” by Ned Washington and Scott Ragsdale, “R U Chicken?” by Chris Berg and “Tribute to Louis Armstrong” featuring a medley of Armstrong tunes arranged by Rusty Diedrick.
Jack Taylor, professor of music at UF, will direct the concert, which is part of the University’s 2014-2015 Concert and Lecture Series.
- UF Telehealth Center has New Website, Offering Fellowship Opportunity
- University of Findlay Announces New Vice President of Enrollment Management
- Fighting on Two Fronts: Student Develops Tool to Aid in the Battle Against Opioid Addiction
- UF Comedy Jam to Return for 17th Season
- From Findlay to Festivals: UF Alumnus' Enthusiasm for Fun Knows No Bounds
- Biotech Brilliance: Findlay Chem Grad Advances Career in Lab Testing