“Swing’s the Thing” for The University of Findlay Jazz Ensemble concert to be held at 3 p.m. Sunday, March 22 at Winebrenner Theological Seminary’s TLB Auditorium.
Admission will be free but tickets will be required by visiting the UF Box Office located in the Alumni Memorial Union’s Fireside Lounge, or by calling (419) 434-5335.
Featured musicians will be saxophonist Katie Mehlow from Oak Harbor, trombonist Brian Miller from Rittman and trumpeter Brandon Merz from Cincinnati.
Lively works by well-known composers and arrangers will be performed. Some of those will include “Do Nothin’ Till You Hear from Me” by Duke Ellington and Lisa DeSpain, “I’m getting Sentimental Over You” by Ned Washington and Scott Ragsdale, “R U Chicken?” by Chris Berg and “Tribute to Louis Armstrong” featuring a medley of Armstrong tunes arranged by Rusty Diedrick.
Jack Taylor, professor of music at UF, will direct the concert, which is part of the University’s 2014-2015 Concert and Lecture Series.
- Fall Choir Concert, ‘Feel the Spirit,’ To Be Livestreamed
- UF Helps to End Hunger with 15th Annual Helping Hands Food Drive
- Theatre Program Presents ‘A Wonderful Life: A Live Radio Play’
- UF’s College of Pharmacy Works to Raise Awareness During American Pharmacists Month
- That’s what Dreams are Made of: University of Findlay Alumna Stays Close to Home
- University of Findlay Digital Media Club to Host Mock Election, ‘Rock the Mock’ on Oct. 27