A team of students from The University of Findlay earned second place in a national integrated marketing communications competition sponsored by EdVenture Partners.
Only three teams were selected out of approximately 20 to travel to San Francisco on May 15-16 to compete for the top spot. The other two teams chosen were the University of New Mexico and the Florida Institute of Technology.
Approximately 25 professionals from the petroleum industry served as judges for the competition, which included a review of each team’s materials and a live presentation, as well as a question-and-answer session.
To qualify to compete, students submitted an integrated marketing communications plan, via a PowerPoint presentation, for the API Adventures in Energy Case Study competition for the Scholastic Achievement Award.
Trisha Denniston (Renner, S.D.), Michael Rahrig (Delphos), Susan Moening (Ottawa) and Nick Schumaker (Bloomdale) developed the plan, which included research, a survey, a focus group and marketing tactics such as the development of a Web page wire frame, home page and internal landing pages.
Students completed the project as part of an assignment in a consumer behavior class (MRKT 377) taught by Chris Ward, Ed.D., associate professor of business. Ward’s classes previously have participated in EdVenture Partner’s competition, and this is the second time a team has earned a top spot.
- Celebrate with ‘Forever Oilers’ on UF Homecoming and Family Weekend
- Unique Perspective: Alumnus Dallas Smith ’17 Believes in Service
- Prolific and Celebrated Prose Writer and Poet Nikki Grimes to Present at UF
- Broadway Sensation Laura Osnes to Perform at UF
- Athletics 101: Head Athletic Trainer at UF is More than Meets the Eye
- Cancer Fighting Compounds: Pharmacy Students Developing New Drug