The University of Findlay has been named one of the best four-year colleges in Ohio by BestColleges.com, an online resource that provides rankings and other information for students and their families about higher learning institutions.
The University ranked twelfth out of a list of 25 public and private schools that BestColleges.com created using a custom algorithm which relies on federal education databases, particularly the Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System, with key performance markers such as acceptance, retention, graduation and enrollment rates. The site explained it also takes into account student loan default rates. More than 130 Ohio schools were examined.
The list is intended a tool for those considering attending an Ohio college or university. BestColleges.com, citing a Higher Ed Info report, noted that, “while students enrolled in a four-year degree program at a public institution may be required to invest more than the national average to attend school in Ohio, bachelor’s degree holders earn roughly twice as much as residents with only a high school diploma.”
To access the complete list and to view other lists, such as that compiled for two-year colleges, visit www.bestcolleges.com.
- Standout Staples: Regional Business Leaders Offer Advice for Professional Newbies
- Recovery Art Portraying Personal Journeys to be Presented
- College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences Partners with 50 North to host ‘Ask the Professor’ Series
- UF Helping Hands Food Drive Increasing Collection Goal
- Leading the Way: Business Affiliates Scholarship Program Supports Students from the Region
- Mazza Museum’s Funday Sunday Series to Return in November