The University of Findlay Orchestra will present “A Fall Concert” at 3 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 23 in Winebrenner Theological Seminary’s TLB Auditorium.
Admission will be free and no tickets will be required.
Conducted by Thomas Carey, the concert will feature Luigi Boccherini’s “Night on the Streets of Madrid.” The piece is presented in seven brief vignettes that portray the busy nightlife of eighteenth-century Madrid.
Other selections will include “Prelude from Holberg Suite” by Grieg, “Air for Strings” by Norman Dello Joio and Aram Khachaturian’s “Sabre Dance,” along with traditional holiday music.
The University of Findlay Orchestra includes about sixty University students, staff and community players. It has been performing regularly since 2009.
The event is part of the University’s 2014-2015 Concert and Lecture Series.
- Affecting Change: Alumnus Turns Passion Into Career
- Updating Classroom Spaces for Hybrid and Virtual Course Delivery
- “The Well” Explores the Importance of Maintaining Connections with Community and Faith
- The Importance of Family and Philanthropy: Alumna Gives Back to Continue Opportunities
- Proud Moments in UF History: Alumnus Stays Determined
- UF to Begin Construction on Rare Research Enclosure