The University of Findlay Orchestra will present “A Fall Concert” at 3 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 23 in Winebrenner Theological Seminary’s TLB Auditorium.
Admission will be free and no tickets will be required.
Conducted by Thomas Carey, the concert will feature Luigi Boccherini’s “Night on the Streets of Madrid.” The piece is presented in seven brief vignettes that portray the busy nightlife of eighteenth-century Madrid.
Other selections will include “Prelude from Holberg Suite” by Grieg, “Air for Strings” by Norman Dello Joio and Aram Khachaturian’s “Sabre Dance,” along with traditional holiday music.
The University of Findlay Orchestra includes about sixty University students, staff and community players. It has been performing regularly since 2009.
The event is part of the University’s 2014-2015 Concert and Lecture Series.
- University of Findlay College Credit Plus Program Receives Accreditation
- UF Alumna Named the 2021 Physical Therapist of the Year
- UF’s College of Pharmacy Ranks #1 Nationally in Residency Placement
- University of Findlay Mourns Loss of Former Acting President Louis Chenette
- Students Octavian Dungee and Ashlyn Coleman Receive UF Founders’ Awards
- Mazza Features Floyd Cooper and Jerry Pinkney in Celebration of Juneteenth