The University of Findlay Orchestra will present “A Fall Concert” at 3 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 23 in Winebrenner Theological Seminary’s TLB Auditorium.
Admission will be free and no tickets will be required.
Conducted by Thomas Carey, the concert will feature Luigi Boccherini’s “Night on the Streets of Madrid.” The piece is presented in seven brief vignettes that portray the busy nightlife of eighteenth-century Madrid.
Other selections will include “Prelude from Holberg Suite” by Grieg, “Air for Strings” by Norman Dello Joio and Aram Khachaturian’s “Sabre Dance,” along with traditional holiday music.
The University of Findlay Orchestra includes about sixty University students, staff and community players. It has been performing regularly since 2009.
The event is part of the University’s 2014-2015 Concert and Lecture Series.
- Findlay Students Win Highly Competitive Scholarships from National Organization
- Retired Basketball Coach and Former Blackhawk Pilot to Speak at ’19 UF Commencement
- Edgar Kunz to Give Poetry Reading with UF Seniors
- Inspirational Melodies to be Performed at Spring ’19 Band Concert
- Battling the Revival of Nicotine Addictions through Education
- Innovative Leadership Challenge Winners Announced