The University was honored several times during the Findlay-Hancock County Chamber of Commerce Small Business Award luncheon on Thursday, Oct. 11. The Findlay Publishing Co. partners with the Chamber to sponsor the awards.
Sharinda Welton-Peeler, director of student activities, commuter services and leadership development, was given the Athena Leadership Award, for her professional excellence, community services and for actively assisting women in their attainment of professional excellence and leadership skills.
The University’s athletics department received the Dennis Russell Our Spirit Shows Award.
The University also was selected as the recipient of the Community Sustainability Award, for a variety of reasons. The Findlay Green Campus Initiative is active on campus promoting activities such as recycling and choosing more environmentally friendly methods of transportation.
Findlay’s recent Davis Street Building project incorporates many green options, such as geo-thermal heating and cooling, highly insulated walls, motion-sensor lighting controls, and an overall mechanical system that has the ability to shift the building’s peak utility demands from daytime to nighttime hours. In addition, energy-saving decisions are made as existing campus buildings receive routine maintenance and renovations.
- Algorithms, Arithmetic and Aristotle: Student Combines Philosophy and Mathematics in Studies and Life
- Equestrian Show Team Results - 12/1 & 12/2
- Alumna hired by Cleveland Browns
- Ohio Veterinarian Follows in Father’s UF Board of Trustees Footsteps
- January ’19 Educator Workshops to Focus on Helping Children Contend with Loss
- At Birchaven, Art Bridges Generational, Cognitive Gaps