The University was honored several times during the Findlay-Hancock County Chamber of Commerce Small Business Award luncheon on Thursday, Oct. 11. The Findlay Publishing Co. partners with the Chamber to sponsor the awards.
Sharinda Welton-Peeler, director of student activities, commuter services and leadership development, was given the Athena Leadership Award, for her professional excellence, community services and for actively assisting women in their attainment of professional excellence and leadership skills.
The University’s athletics department received the Dennis Russell Our Spirit Shows Award.
The University also was selected as the recipient of the Community Sustainability Award, for a variety of reasons. The Findlay Green Campus Initiative is active on campus promoting activities such as recycling and choosing more environmentally friendly methods of transportation.
Findlay’s recent Davis Street Building project incorporates many green options, such as geo-thermal heating and cooling, highly insulated walls, motion-sensor lighting controls, and an overall mechanical system that has the ability to shift the building’s peak utility demands from daytime to nighttime hours. In addition, energy-saving decisions are made as existing campus buildings receive routine maintenance and renovations.
- UF Health Professions Graduates Earn Excellent Pay, Recent Ranking Shows
- Accomplished Poet Anders Carlson-Wee to Give Free Public Reading
- Escape Artist: Author Nikki Grimes Elaborates on Her Authentic, Christ-Centered Poetry and Prose
- Findlay Faithfuls: Cody ‘19 and Kaylee (Davis) Ohnmeiss Make Connections
- Student Teaching Around the World
- Marathon Process Improvement Expert Gene Fernandez Serving as UF’s Fall ’19 Dana Chair