Vote for Megan and Jenny! University of Seniors Megan Nedds and Jenny Hanf, both children’s book illustrations majors, are participating in the 2016 Association of Independent Colleges and Universities of Ohio Award of Excellence in the Visual Arts (EVAs) competition.
Both Nedds’ and Hanf’s portfolios are included in the People’s Choice Award competition, a public voting competition of all the nominated students’ portfolios. To cast votes for them, visit www.aicuoartaward.com. Voting concludes at the end of March.
Hanf also is one of six student winners in this year’s competition, and her portfolio is being reviewed by the association’s second round juried panel for Grand Award consideration.
The Award for EVA’s, launched in 2008, is the nation’s first intercollegiate online arts competition. It recognizes outstanding students from the art programs at independent colleges and universities in every region of Ohio. Senior students, attending the association’s member institutes, who have an exceptional portfolio and artistic drive, are nominated by their department chairs or deans.
The six award winners will present their work at the annual AICUO Award reception. All winners will receive a prize package and the Grand Award winner will receive an additional cash award.
Every nominated student is presented with a permanent online portfolio that remains on the AICUO website even after the competition concludes.
To learn more about AICUO, visit www.aicuo.edu.
- Faith, Flexibility and Forethought: Alumnus Phillip Riegle ’00 Stays Close to Roots
- Slippery Elm Literary Journal Hosts Deanna Tulley Multimedia Contest
- Religion Professor Publishes Monograph About Korean Philosopher Ham Sok Hon
- Findlay’s Environmental, Health, Safety & Sustainability Program Receives Reaccreditation
- UF Theatre Presents Free Online Improv Show Directed by Alumna
- UF Pharmacy Alumna Awarded a Department of Veterans Affairs Coin