University of Findlay donors, the fiscal lynchpins of learning who enable students to pursue distinguished degrees and careers, will be celebrated and recognized in multiple and meaningful ways on Thursday as part of Thank a Donor Day.
Campus-wide events, at which UF students, faculty and staff will have opportunities to express to donors the reaches of their generosity, will take place from noon to 2 p.m. Participants will be able to sign a thank you card for donors in the Davis Street Building and Henderson Dining Hall from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., and in the Alumni Memorial Union from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. They will also be encouraged to share a video message about why they are grateful for donor support from 10 a.m. to noon in the Alumni Memorial Union.
The impact that UF donors have is significant. Only half of a UF students’ education is covered by tuition; the rest of the funds come from UF and gifts from donors. Parents, alumni and friends of the University gave over $1.2 million to support student scholarships in the 2014-2015 fiscal year, and the University received over $5 million in gifts during that time period to support its mission to equip students for meaningful lives and productive careers.
“Donors make such a difference at UF,” said Marcia Sloan Latta, vice president for university advancement. “Whether making gifts to underwrite concerts, buy books for the library, send a student abroad for a semester, or help to feed a horse, their gifts make The University of Findlay a much better place. Many of our students could not afford to be here without the scholarship support they receive from donors, and we are grateful for their generosity.”
The funding goes toward:
- Providing student leadership development activities and workshops
- Supporting scholarship funds for students with financial need
- Funding undergraduate and graduate research
- Allowing stipends for volunteer and community service projects
- Providing books and online resources for Shafer Library
- Supporting career exploration, networking and internship experiences
- Upgrading instructional technology in the classrooms
- Funding student presentations of their research at professional conferences
- Creating more than 330 endowed scholarships that help to finance students’ degrees
For more information on Thank a Donor Day, visit www.findlay.edu/ThankaDonor.
To continue donating or to become a donor yourself, visit this page.