The 1988 comedy, “Rumors,” by Neil Simon, will be The University of Findlay Theatre Program’s featured November production.
Show times will be at 7:30 p.m. Nov. 5, 6, 7 and 8; and at 2 p.m. Nov. 9 in the John and Hester Powell-Grimm Theatre in Egner Center for the Performing Arts, 1001 N. Cory St.
Admission for community members will be $5 for general admission and $3 for students and senior citizens. Admission will be free for University faculty, staff and students. Tickets are available by calling the UF Box Office in Alumni Memorial Union at (419) 434-5335, and at the door.
The play contains strong language, and may not be suitable for children.
Set in an affluent New York townhouse, this beloved comedy follows the misadventures of four couples that arrive for the deputy mayor’s wedding anniversary only to discover that their host has shot himself and misplaced his wife. Though he is not seriously injured, the guests must weave an increasingly elaborate cover-up to protect the deputy mayor. The situation devolves into pure farce as the couples get more and more frenzied, and no one can remember who has been told what about whom.
The production will feature Michael Knight, Allison Dilbone, Timothy Sherman, Adrianna Quiñones, Dan Ross, Alaina Counts, Benjamin Frankart, Abbey Bumbledare, Rachel Coberley and Dirk Allie.
Directing is Christopher Matsos, Ph.D., assistant theater professor.
- Alumnus Enjoys Profession and Values the University that Got Him There
- Annual Enchanted Brush Virtually Showcases “Creatures Most Curious”
- Oiler Mobile App Wins Title of “Best Student Engagement App” by Modo Labs
- UF Saddened by Passing of Trustee Emeritus George M. Showers
- Touchless Water Fountains to Decrease the Spread of Germs on UF Campus
- UF Alumnus Uses Knowledge Gained as an Oiler to Succeed in Career