International Mother Language Day, sponsored by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), will be celebrated at the University of Findlay on Wednesday, Feb. 28 from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Center for Student Life and College of Business atrium adjacent to the Refinery food court.
The campus and community are invited to come and enjoy live music and stories presented by several UF international students in their native languages. The University hosts many students from around the world. Some of the languages that will be spoken and sung on Wednesday will include Arabic, Japanese, Swahili, Bengali, Portuguese and more.
UNESCO established International Mother Language Day in 1999 to recognize and honor the world’s linguistic and cultural diversity, and to emphasize that multilingualism is essential for sustainable development.
- UF Thankful for Record-Breaking Donor Support On #GivingTuesday
- University of Findlay’s Brandi Laurita Named Next VP of Student Affairs
- Surrounded by Support: University of Findlay Alumna Alissa (Simpson '01) Preston
- Environmental Safety Professional to Science Educator
- UF Band Presents “Preparing the Way”
- Faculty Awards Presented at Annual Faculty Recognition Gala