The University of Findlay Symphonic Band and Wind Ensemble will combine forces for their annual Christmas concert on Sunday, Dec. 10 at 3 p.m. in the Marathon Center for the Performing Arts. “Wassail! An Olde English Christmas” is the theme for this year’s program.
The concert will be free and open to the public. No tickets are required.
Under the direction of Jack Taylor, professor of music, the bands will perform a variety of well-known holiday songs from the British Isles including “I Saw Three Ships,” “Westminster Carol (Angels We Have Heard on High)” and others.
The featured soloist for the concert will be Alison Morey, a senior pre-veterinary medicine major from Marietta, Ohio. Morey, the winner of UF’s 2017-2018 Concerto Competition, will perform “Xylophonia” by Joseph Green on xylophone.
Marie Louden-Hanes, Ph.D., professor of art history, will narrate the program. Harp interludes will be provided by Elise Krueger, a student in the University’s Doctor of Physical Therapy Program.
- University Marching Band Adds Color Guard
- Still Studying Life: Biology Graduate Continues Education
- Stories in Space: University of Findlay and Findlay-Hancock Public Library Partner for Summer Education
- Nine Acclaimed Authors, Illustrators to Present at Mazza Museum Summer Conference ‘19
- Femininity Featured in Exhibition
- Big Heart for Art: University of Findlay’s Mazza Museum Coordinator Feels Blessed