The University of Findlay Symphonic Band and Wind Ensemble will combine forces for their annual Christmas concert on Sunday, Dec. 10 at 3 p.m. in the Marathon Center for the Performing Arts. “Wassail! An Olde English Christmas” is the theme for this year’s program.
The concert will be free and open to the public. No tickets are required.
Under the direction of Jack Taylor, professor of music, the bands will perform a variety of well-known holiday songs from the British Isles including “I Saw Three Ships,” “Westminster Carol (Angels We Have Heard on High)” and others.
The featured soloist for the concert will be Alison Morey, a senior pre-veterinary medicine major from Marietta, Ohio. Morey, the winner of UF’s 2017-2018 Concerto Competition, will perform “Xylophonia” by Joseph Green on xylophone.
Marie Louden-Hanes, Ph.D., professor of art history, will narrate the program. Harp interludes will be provided by Elise Krueger, a student in the University’s Doctor of Physical Therapy Program.
- Faith, Flexibility and Forethought: Alumnus Phillip Riegle ’00 Stays Close to Roots
- Slippery Elm Literary Journal Hosts Deanna Tulley Multimedia Contest
- Religion Professor Publishes Monograph About Korean Philosopher Ham Sok Hon
- Findlay’s Environmental, Health, Safety & Sustainability Program Receives Reaccreditation
- UF Theatre Presents Free Online Improv Show Directed by Alumna
- UF Pharmacy Alumna Awarded a Department of Veterans Affairs Coin