The University of Findlay’s annual Toys for Tots drive will begin Monday, Nov. 27! The goal is to collect 300 toys on campus for Hancock County children, which will assist the U.S. Marine Corps with providing four toys for each child in need this holiday season. The Marines work with the Salvation Army and CHOPIN Hall in Hancock County to ensure that everyone is fairly served.
All donations may be dropped off on the following dates: Monday, Nov. 27 through Friday, Dec. 1; and Monday, Dec. 4 through Wednesday, Dec. 6, from 9 a.m. to noon and 1-5 p.m. Boxes will be placed in the Alumni Memorial Union outside of the Office of Student Activities (Room 8A). Cash donations, which will be used to purchase toys for age categories that have needs not met by toy donations, will also be accepted at the Office of Student Activities.
The toy drive will conclude on Wednesday, Dec. 6. All toy donations must be new, unwrapped, and fit for children ages infant to 15 years of age. Electronics, such as DVDs, CDs, video games and gaming systems, are discouraged.
The campus and public are also invited to the free Toys for Tots Christmas Party on Wednesday, Dec. 6 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Alumni Memorial Union’s Fireside Lounge. Come meet and greet U.S. Marines, along with UF alumnus Ryan Gravette, who will be portraying Santa. Enjoy holiday music and snacks.
The drive and party are sponsored by Student Activities Board; the Office of Student Activities, Commuter Services and Leadership Development; and the Campus Safety and Emergency Management Office.
For more campus Toys for Tots information, call the Student Activities Office at 419-434-4606.
- Standout Staples: Regional Business Leaders Offer Advice for Professional Newbies
- Recovery Art Portraying Personal Journeys to be Presented
- College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences Partners with 50 North to host ‘Ask the Professor’ Series
- UF Helping Hands Food Drive Increasing Collection Goal
- Leading the Way: Business Affiliates Scholarship Program Supports Students from the Region
- Mazza Museum’s Funday Sunday Series to Return in November