The University of Findlay’s annual Toys for Tots drive will begin Monday, Nov. 27! The goal is to collect 300 toys on campus for Hancock County children, which will assist the U.S. Marine Corps with providing four toys for each child in need this holiday season. The Marines work with the Salvation Army and CHOPIN Hall in Hancock County to ensure that everyone is fairly served.
All donations may be dropped off on the following dates: Monday, Nov. 27 through Friday, Dec. 1; and Monday, Dec. 4 through Wednesday, Dec. 6, from 9 a.m. to noon and 1-5 p.m. Boxes will be placed in the Alumni Memorial Union outside of the Office of Student Activities (Room 8A). Cash donations, which will be used to purchase toys for age categories that have needs not met by toy donations, will also be accepted at the Office of Student Activities.
The toy drive will conclude on Wednesday, Dec. 6. All toy donations must be new, unwrapped, and fit for children ages infant to 15 years of age. Electronics, such as DVDs, CDs, video games and gaming systems, are discouraged.
The campus and public are also invited to the free Toys for Tots Christmas Party on Wednesday, Dec. 6 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Alumni Memorial Union’s Fireside Lounge. Come meet and greet U.S. Marines, along with UF alumnus Ryan Gravette, who will be portraying Santa. Enjoy holiday music and snacks.
The drive and party are sponsored by Student Activities Board; the Office of Student Activities, Commuter Services and Leadership Development; and the Campus Safety and Emergency Management Office.
For more campus Toys for Tots information, call the Student Activities Office at 419-434-4606.
- New Partnership Between University of Findlay, Tiffin University and Ashland University Offers Reduced Graduate Tuition for Employees
- SGA Unmasks Headliner for Spring Music Festival
- Daniel Hill Speaks on How to Continue Martin Luther King Jr.'s Work at 2020 MLK Celebration
- Learning Here, Learning There: UF Alumna is in the Right Place
- University of Findlay awarded Choose Ohio First grant for computer science scholarships
- UF to Host “All That Jazz” for Annual Pops Concert