Nonprofit Colleges Online has named the University of Findlay to its Environmental Science & Sustainability: Students Before Profits Award list for 2016.
UF placed at No. 12 out of 35 schools. The site states that its Students Before Profits Award “was created to promote nonprofit colleges and universities offering online degree programs that put students before profits and education before the bottom line.”
For the current list, accredited programs were selected that offer online or hybrid programs of study leading to a master’s degree in environmental sciences or related fields, and that are considered affordable.
“Though this ranking is primarily concerned with affordability of the programs, many programs here have consistently been ranked among the top of their kind by other national publications and we believe they deserve to be considered among the best online master’s in environmental science programs available,” the site explains.
UF’s Master of Science in Environmental Safety and Health Management is offered online or as a hybrid degree program. The degree is designed to prepare students for leadership positions in the environmental industry and utilizes and interdisciplinary curriculum in science, engineering, environmental policy, and business concepts. A minimum of 33 credits are required for completion of the program, which is one of only eight graduate programs in the United States that is accredited by the Environmental Health Science and Protection Accreditation Council (EHAC).
- University of Findlay Announces New Vice President of Enrollment Management
- Fighting on Two Fronts: Student Develops Tool to Aid in the Battle Against Opioid Addiction
- UF Comedy Jam to Return for 17th Season
- From Findlay to Festivals: UF Alumnus' Enthusiasm for Fun Knows No Bounds
- Biotech Brilliance: Findlay Chem Grad Advances Career in Lab Testing
- MLK, Jr. Week ’19 to Feature Student Diversity and Service