Nonprofit Colleges Online has named the University of Findlay to its Environmental Science & Sustainability: Students Before Profits Award list for 2016.
UF placed at No. 12 out of 35 schools. The site states that its Students Before Profits Award “was created to promote nonprofit colleges and universities offering online degree programs that put students before profits and education before the bottom line.”
For the current list, accredited programs were selected that offer online or hybrid programs of study leading to a master’s degree in environmental sciences or related fields, and that are considered affordable.
“Though this ranking is primarily concerned with affordability of the programs, many programs here have consistently been ranked among the top of their kind by other national publications and we believe they deserve to be considered among the best online master’s in environmental science programs available,” the site explains.
UF’s Master of Science in Environmental Safety and Health Management is offered online or as a hybrid degree program. The degree is designed to prepare students for leadership positions in the environmental industry and utilizes and interdisciplinary curriculum in science, engineering, environmental policy, and business concepts. A minimum of 33 credits are required for completion of the program, which is one of only eight graduate programs in the United States that is accredited by the Environmental Health Science and Protection Accreditation Council (EHAC).
- A Passion for Service on an International Scale
- Serving the Armed Forces with Animal Science
- New Henderson Dining Hall Station Serving Allergen-Free Fare
- Memorial Service at UF to be Held in Remembrance of Former Board of Trustees Member
- UF Helping Hands Food Drive Collects More than 115,000 Pounds for Regional Residents in Need
- From Field Medic to Nursing Grad: Navy Veteran Uses Medical Experience to Earn BSN