University of Findlay’s Second Annual Innovation Competition, similar to the popular TV pitching show “Shark Tank” on ABC, will be held at 7 p.m. Wednesday, April 5 in Winebrenner Theological Seminary’s TLB Auditorium.
Hosted by UF’s College of Business, teams of undergraduate students that have made it to the finals will be vying for cash prizes, totaling $4,250, by pitching their business plans to a panel of judges. Their ideas must be based on a sustainable business model that would benefit the City of Findlay businesses and services.
The divisions in which teams are competing include “New Venture,” “Small Business” and “Community Outreach.”
Last year’s winning team submitted a plan for a pizza-making venture. Judge’s were impressed with Delaney Hass’ and Haley Bok’s “Hot Spot Pizza Shop” concept, which beat out a dozen other plans.
UF’s Innovation Competition will be free open to the public. Refreshments will be served starting at 6:30 p.m.
- MakerSpace Opens in University of Findlay College of Education
- Flutist to Solo in ’19 ‘Home for the Holidays’ Christmas Band Concert
- Alumnus has Hot Career as Nuclear Pharmacist
- UF’s Online MBA Program Named One of Ohio’s Best
- Life is What You Make it: Skylar Mettert ’11 M ’14 Sees a Bright Future for UF
- AEP Foundation Donates $500,000 for New UF Scholarships