University of Findlay’s Second Annual Innovation Competition, similar to the popular TV pitching show “Shark Tank” on ABC, will be held at 7 p.m. Wednesday, April 5 in Winebrenner Theological Seminary’s TLB Auditorium.
Hosted by UF’s College of Business, teams of undergraduate students that have made it to the finals will be vying for cash prizes, totaling $4,250, by pitching their business plans to a panel of judges. Their ideas must be based on a sustainable business model that would benefit the City of Findlay businesses and services.
The divisions in which teams are competing include “New Venture,” “Small Business” and “Community Outreach.”
Last year’s winning team submitted a plan for a pizza-making venture. Judge’s were impressed with Delaney Hass’ and Haley Bok’s “Hot Spot Pizza Shop” concept, which beat out a dozen other plans.
UF’s Innovation Competition will be free open to the public. Refreshments will be served starting at 6:30 p.m.
- UF Theatre Presents Free Online Improv Show Directed by Alumna
- UF Pharmacy Alumna Awarded a Department of Veterans Affairs Coin
- UF Earns Multiple Rankings in U.S. News & World Report’s 2021 Best National Universities
- It’s a Virtual “Celebration of Oiler Nation” for Homecoming Weekend 2020
- Making Memories: Findlay College Alumnus Richard Crowder Navigates Toward Success
- Fall ‘20 Preview and Discovery Days Announced for Prospective Students