University of Findlay alumni, faculty, staff, students, and community are invited to #OilerUpGiveBack during the University’s annual Day of Giving event beginning at noon on Thursday, March 18 through Friday, March 19.
This 24-hour event is one of the largest fundraising events for the University each year, and raises funds that support students’ career goals. “When you give, you help today’s students seize all that UF has to offer,” explains Kelly Warner, Findlay’s director of annual giving. “You open the door for a meaningful life and a productive career through service learning, internships, and professional organizations.”
According to Warner, this year’s Day of Event activities includes a number of ways individuals can get involved with supporting students. “Join us for virtual events including Oiler Talks, during which students and faculty will share information about their various research projects. We will also host a virtual morning yoga event, and social media challenges throughout the 24-hour event. In addition, students will get involved with the fun through virtual event called, Give a Kahoot About Day of Giving Trivia.”
Additional information about the day includes:
- For the first 300 donors who make a gift of any size, $50 will be donated to the Findlay Fund thanks to two generous UF donors. This fund has the greatest impact for all students.
- Donations can be made online through the University’s secure, online service – GiveCampus
- Donors are encouraged to choose the area of campus they would like to support, such as the Findlay Fund, Findlay Forward Scholarships, UF Student Emergency Fund, the Mazza Museum, athletics, or any of the six colleges.
- Donors can increase their Day of Giving impact by becoming an advocate. They can create a free online account by registering at GiveCampus Campaign to help spread the news on social media and challenge others to give.
- Individuals can also help spread the word by using the graphics in the University’s Day of Giving social media toolkit.
- All gifts will be tax deductible. Donors will receive a mailed receipt.
Learn more about #OilerUpGiveBack including how to contribute and how to become an advocate on the University’s Day of Giving FAQ page and follow the University of Findlay Alumni & Friends Facebook page for updates.