University of Findlay Honors Outstanding Academic Advising and Student Support
The University of Findlay is pleased to announce the winners of the 2019 Outstanding Undergraduate Faculty Advisor of the Year award. The award, developed by the Academic Advising Committee, recognizes a faculty member from each college who has had a positive influence on undergraduate students through academic advising.
In the award’s inaugural year, the university received 43 nominations from students, and a winner was selected from each of the University’s six colleges after careful review by a committee.
This year’s winner are:
- College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences: Andrea Mata, Ph.D., associate professor of psychology and faculty athletics representative
- College of Business: Eric Stoller, assistant professor of teaching in sports management and coordinator of internship and co-operative programs
- College of Education: Allison Baer, Ph.D., associate professor of education and team leader for AYA, middle childhood and multi-age licensure
- College of Health Professions: Joyce Lammers, Ph.D., assistant professor and associate chair of the Weekend Physical Therapy Program
- College of Pharmacy: Timothy Burkart, Pharm.D., assistant professor of teaching in pharmacy practice and assistant director of experiential education
- College of Sciences: Robin Koehler, assistant professor of equine studies
“Each of these faculty have been awarded this high honor because of the relationship building that they have done with their advisees,” said Glenn Miehls, director of academic advising for the University of Findlay. “I have said for many years that when this relationship building is done correctly it is one of the most rewarding and unique bonds that an advisor and their advisee will have. Advising can have such a great impact on students when they are here, but also when they graduate and enter the workforce as alumni.”
The winners receive a one-year NACADA (National Academic Advising Association) membership and will now go on to compete for the University’s Faculty Advisor of the Year award, which will be announced later this fall.
To read the nominations a complete list of the nominees, visit https://www.findlay.edu/offices/student-affairs/oiler-success-center/academic-advisor-award-winners.