University of Findlay to Host Annual Symposium for Scholarship and Creativity
University of Findlay students will showcase their months of research at the 2023 Symposium for Scholarship and Creativity (SSC) on Friday, April 14th. Students’ creative and impactful research on subjects ranging from creative marketing strategies to the use of psychedelic drugs for death anxiety will be on display during a full day of visual and oral presentations.
The daylong celebration of academic excellence is free and open to the public. The event begins with a welcome and University awards ceremony at Winebrenner hosted by University President, Katherine Fell, Ph.D. and Executive Vice President of Academic Affairs, Darin Fields, Ph.D. “We devote the entire day to the sharing of student excellence with the entire UF community. It is a day filled with Oiler pride as our students’ accomplishments shine brightly,” said Fields.
The event continues as the six colleges’ deans welcome alumni speakers to hand out awards to students at locations throughout campus. Oral presentations begin at 1 p.m. in the Davis Street Building and the Center for Student Life and College of Business. Poster presentations will be on display at 3:30 p.m. in Croy Gymnasium.
“It exemplifies the very heart of who we are as a community of learners discovering, collaborating, innovating, and preparing our students for meaningful lives and productive careers,” said Fields. “For more than two decades the Symposium for Scholarship and Creativity has been a day to celebrate student academic achievement and talent across all of our programs at UF.”
Some of this year’s research topics include:
- Teaching Electricity to Think: A Hands-On Introduction to Digital Logic
- Anxiety in Women Over 50 in a Skilled Care Facility
- The Relationship Between Substance Use and Treatment
- Using Social Media and Digital Marketing to Generate Contributions: Nonprofit Organizations
- Creative Marketing Strategies – Gamification in Advertisement
- Making Up the Gap: High School vs. Elementary (Effects of the Pandemic)
- Science + Trees = Tree-search!
- Usage of Psychedelic Drugs and Death Anxiety