Niche.com, a website created to research U.S. colleges, schools, neighborhoods, and companies, recently named the University of Findlay first on its list of Best Value Colleges in the Toledo area, among other rankings.
UF is also ranked 8th out of 71 colleges for value in the entire state of Ohio, and 243rd out of 1,592 colleges nationally, while earning a ranking of 722nd out of 1,626 nationally and 25 out of 73 in Ohio for Best Overall College. UF was graded highly in separate, more broad areas such as diversity, value, academics, athletics, and campus community.
According to its website, Niche does “rigorous cleaning and analysis on large data sets, and combines them with feedback from its community for nuanced insight that can’t be found anywhere else,” and their rankings are based on “rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.”
Some of the other “Best” rankings that Niche names UF in include:
- College Athletics, National: 138 of 1,407; Ohio: 7 of 54
- Christian Colleges, National: 147 of 358; Ohio: 7 of 18
- Colleges for Education, National: 333 of 790; Ohio: 23 of 39
- Private Universities, National: 442 of 958; Ohio: 18 of 43
- Colleges with No Application Fee, National: 165 of 515; Ohio: 11 of 22
- Small Colleges, National: 350 of 984; Ohio: 15 of 55
- College Dorms, National: 424 of 1,384; Ohio: 16 of 56
- Student Life, National: 802 of 1,579; Ohio: 31 of 65
- Colleges for Student Athletes, National: 429 of 1,386; Ohio: 22 of 54
- College Locations, National: 817 of 1,607; Ohio: 27 of 69
- Most Diverse, National: 952 of 1,583; Ohio: 33 of 72
UF could also be found among the colleges on the non-ranked Best Colleges with Equine Studies Degrees in America.
Statistics taken from polls conducted by Niche reveal, as well, that a large percentage of UF students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes, that typical students are both courteous and studious, and that the phrase that best describes the University is “small, but homey.”
For the full rankings list, visit Niche.com.