Stephen Schumacher, DVM, will speak on “Drug and Medication Rules for Equestrians” at 7 p.m. Wednesday, March 19, at The University of Findlay.
The public is invited to attend the presentation at no charge in Martin Lecture Hall, which is located in the Brewer Science Hall in the center of main campus near the Alumni Memorial Union.
Schumacher’s presentation is part of the College of Sciences’ 2013-2014 Faculty Chair Series.
Chief Administrator for the Drugs and Medications Committee of the United States Equestrian Federation (USEF), Schumacher also is head of the Federation’s Veterinary Committee.
The presentation will provide important information to anyone who plans to show horses this season and in the future. Riders and owners need to be aware of rules that govern forbidden substances in the show ring. Examples on the USEF’s web site include some liniments and even herbal supplements.
- Inclusion, Teaching, and Writing: University of Findlay Alumna Casts a Wide Net
- Alexandria “Ali” Gokey Memorial Scholarship Fund to Benefit UF Equestrian Students
- Thankful for Oilers Here, There and Everywhere: Thanksgiving 2020
- #GivingTuesday ’20: Giving in a Time it’s Needed Most
- UF Celebrates Arbor Day 2020 with Two New Trees
- UF to Bring the North Pole to Findlay with Letters to Santa Drive-thru