Stephen Schumacher, DVM, will speak on “Drug and Medication Rules for Equestrians” at 7 p.m. Wednesday, March 19, at The University of Findlay.
The public is invited to attend the presentation at no charge in Martin Lecture Hall, which is located in the Brewer Science Hall in the center of main campus near the Alumni Memorial Union.
Schumacher’s presentation is part of the College of Sciences’ 2013-2014 Faculty Chair Series.
Chief Administrator for the Drugs and Medications Committee of the United States Equestrian Federation (USEF), Schumacher also is head of the Federation’s Veterinary Committee.
The presentation will provide important information to anyone who plans to show horses this season and in the future. Riders and owners need to be aware of rules that govern forbidden substances in the show ring. Examples on the USEF’s web site include some liniments and even herbal supplements.
- It’s a Wrap on Mazza Summer Conference 2019
- Your Kids are Our Kids: UF Police Captain Steve Baum Takes Great Pride in His Work
- Old Main’s Ecological Footprint
- All Hazards Training Center to Offer Free Refresher Course During Homecoming and Family Weekend
- Support and Guidance: Jena Meloy ’06 Continues to Grow by Example
- Budding Pharmacists get a Dose of the Profession