Stephen Schumacher, DVM, will speak on “Drug and Medication Rules for Equestrians” at 7 p.m. Wednesday, March 19, at The University of Findlay.
The public is invited to attend the presentation at no charge in Martin Lecture Hall, which is located in the Brewer Science Hall in the center of main campus near the Alumni Memorial Union.
Schumacher’s presentation is part of the College of Sciences’ 2013-2014 Faculty Chair Series.
Chief Administrator for the Drugs and Medications Committee of the United States Equestrian Federation (USEF), Schumacher also is head of the Federation’s Veterinary Committee.
The presentation will provide important information to anyone who plans to show horses this season and in the future. Riders and owners need to be aware of rules that govern forbidden substances in the show ring. Examples on the USEF’s web site include some liniments and even herbal supplements.
- UF Telehealth Center has New Website, Offering Fellowship Opportunity
- University of Findlay Announces New Vice President of Enrollment Management
- Fighting on Two Fronts: Student Develops Tool to Aid in the Battle Against Opioid Addiction
- UF Comedy Jam to Return for 17th Season
- From Findlay to Festivals: UF Alumnus' Enthusiasm for Fun Knows No Bounds
- Biotech Brilliance: Findlay Chem Grad Advances Career in Lab Testing