As part of the Music Bach’s Series at The University of Findlay, vocalist and pianist Darrelle London will perform from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday, Feb. 10, in the Alumni Memorial Union (AMU). There is no cost to attend, and tickets are not required.
London’s unique voice and playful songs have caught the attention of fans, music critics and even some of her favorite artists. Her music impressed fellow Canadian Sarah McLachlan who, along with a judging committee, chose London as the Toronto Lilith Local Talent Search Winner. Performing at Lilith Fair and sharing a stage with McLachlan was a career highlight and a dream fulfilled for London.
In March 2009, it only took one listen for gossip blogger Perez Hilton to get excited about London’s music. He wrote on his website, “… If you like Sara Bareilles, Colbie Caillat or Ingrid Michaelson, then you will love Darrelle London’s song ‘Understand’ upon first listen!” He quickly signed London to his new label and has been working with her ever since.
London independently released her debut LP, Edible Word Parade, in February 2009. The album won critical acclaim and enjoyed regular airplay on campus radio and CBC. In September 2009, London’s song “Understand” was placed on the 90210 TV soundtrack, alongside internationally renowned artists such as Adele, N.E.R.D. and All-American Rejects.
The Music Bach’s Series at The University of Findlay is entirely managed and organized by a student-led organization, the Campus Program Board, which works to bring high-quality entertainment to campus.
Questions about the program may be directed to 419-434-4606.
- Faith, Flexibility and Forethought: Alumnus Phillip Riegle ’00 Stays Close to Roots
- Slippery Elm Literary Journal Hosts Deanna Tulley Multimedia Contest
- Religion Professor Publishes Monograph About Korean Philosopher Ham Sok Hon
- Findlay’s Environmental, Health, Safety & Sustainability Program Receives Reaccreditation
- UF Theatre Presents Free Online Improv Show Directed by Alumna
- UF Pharmacy Alumna Awarded a Department of Veterans Affairs Coin