Renée K. Nicholson and Benjamin B. Busch will be visiting The University of Findlay as part of its 2014-2015 Richard E. Wilkin Events Series.
Their free, public presentations will be held on different days.
Nicholson, a writer and dancer, will be reading from and discussing her work at 8 p.m. Jan. 22 in Winebrenner Theological Seminary, Room 254.
Nicholson is an assistant professor in West Virginia University’s Multidisciplinary Studies Program. She also co-hosts the literary podcast “SummerBooks” and co-founded the journal “Souvenir.” Her collection of poems, “Roundabout Directions to Lincoln Center,” was published in 2014 in the “Crossroads Poetry Series” at Urban Farmhouse Press.
Busch, an American actor, writer, filmmaker, photographer and U.S. Marine Corps Reserve officer, will present a talk on multimedia composition at 8 p.m. Feb. 4 in Malcolm Dining Hall.
Busch is best known for his portrayal of Anthony Colicchio on the HBO original series “The Wire.” He has recently discussed the Iraq War in Harper’s magazine and television news media. His memoir “Dust to Dust received critical acclaim, and his poetry has appeared in both issues of UF’s literary journal “Slippery Elm.”
While they’re on campus, Nicholson and Busch will also be visiting classes and meeting with UF students.
“Multimedia narrative” is the current focus of the Wilkin Series, which is now being chaired by Dave Essinger, associate professor of English.
- Retired Basketball Coach and Former Blackhawk Pilot to Speak at ’19 UF Commencement
- Edgar Kunz to Give Poetry Reading with UF Seniors
- Inspirational Melodies to be Performed at Spring ’19 Band Concert
- Battling the Revival of Nicotine Addictions through Education
- Innovative Leadership Challenge Winners Announced
- Spring ’19 U.S. Naturalization Ceremony to be Held at UF