The University of Findlay will host a reading by Denise Duhamel as part of its Fall Writers Series at 8 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 23, in the Winebrenner Theological Seminary, Room 254. A book signing and reception will follow the reading.
There is no cost to attend this event, which is open to the community.
Duhamel is guest editor of “The Best American Poetry 2013.” Her most recent books are “Blowout” (University of Pittsburgh Press, 20013); “Ka-Ching!” (Pittsburgh, 2009); “Two and Two” (Pittsburgh, 2005); “Mille et un Sentiments” (Firewheel, 2005); “Queen for a Day: Selected and New Poems” (Pittsburgh, 2001); “The Star-Spangled Banner” (Southern Illinois University Press, 1999); and “Kinky” (Orchises Press, 1997).
Her individual collections have received the Crab Orchard Award Series in Poetry, Binghamton University’s Milt Kessler Book Award, and The Florida Book Award for Poetry. A bilingual edition of her poems, “Afortunada de mí (Lucky Me),” translated into Spanish by Dagmar Buchholz and David Gonzalez, came out in 2008 with Bartleby Editores (Madrid). A recipient of a New York Foundation of the Arts Grant and an NEA Fellowship, she is a professor at Florida International University in Miami.
For more information, contact Marianna Hofer at email@example.com or 419 434-4721.
- Your Kids are Our Kids: UF Police Captain Steve Baum Takes Great Pride in His Work
- Old Main’s Ecological Footprint
- All Hazards Training Center to Offer Free Refresher Course During Homecoming and Family Weekend
- Support and Guidance: Jena Meloy ’06 Continues to Grow by Example
- Budding Pharmacists get a Dose of the Profession
- Constant Engagement: Rachel Darroch ’07 is Always an Oiler