Barbie Participating in STEM Visit Day
Barbie will actually bungee and a dissected eye will be eyeballed at The University of Findlay’s STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) Visit Day today for invited prospective students slated.
Several hands-on sessions will take place at various locations beginning at 1 p.m. The agenda will include:
- Suiting up for confined space training at Renninger Hall;
- Participating in water quality testing at the Davis Street Building, Room 1108;
- Examining a dissected eye and learning more about physiology equipment at the Davis Street Building, Room 2202;
- Participating in an “Hour of Code” that will teach how to write code and how to animate Lego robots or Alice (A multimedia programming language) to animate characters on a computer screen, in Old Main Room 215.
- Using regressing to calculate how many rubber bands it will take to safely send a Barbie doll over a balcony in “Barbie Bungee Jump,” in the lobby of 300 Davis Street;
- Using colors from M&M’s and a spectrometer to show colors from violet to red, in a chemistry classroom at Room 319, Frost Science Center.