Findlay to Showcase Student Work at Symposium April 17
The University of Findlay will host the Symposium for Scholarship and Creativity from noon – 5:30 p.m. Wednesday, April 17.
The annual event provides undergraduate and graduate students an opportunity to share their research, creativity and professional learning experiences with the University and the community. Approximately 230 students will participate this year.
Activities begin with an all-campus awards ceremony at noon in the Alumni Memorial Union (AMU) and continue at various locations throughout the afternoon. A complete schedule will be available at the event.
Following the all-campus ceremony, student presentations, college award ceremonies and alumni speakers will happen simultaneously in the AMU, Old Main and Winebrenner Theological Seminary. Poster presentations will begin at 4 p.m. in Croy Physical Education Center, and a reception will begin at 4:30 p.m.
The University welcomes the following alumni speakers:
- 1:15 p.m., AMU, College of Health Professions, Beth (Foos ’01) Obringer, physical therapist, the University of Toledo Medical Center
- 1:15 p.m., WTS, College of Education, Ryan Imke (M’09), assistant principal, Findlay High School
- 2:15 p.m., WTS, College of Business, Pamela Beall ’78 and Mark Butler, Marathon Oil Co. LLC
- 2:15 p.m., AMU, College of Pharmacy, Kushal Patel (Pharm.D.’10), owner, Well Future Pharmacy
- 3:15 p.m., AMU, College of Sciences, Jade (Braman ’09) Mowery, public health laboratory scientist, Ohio Department of Health, microbiology section
- 3:15 p.m., WTS, College of Liberal Arts, Christopher Parriott (’11), ecommerce supervisor, Best Buy Inc., logistics and distribution center