The University of Findlay’s student-led radio station 88.3 WLFC is in the running for three college radio awards. Presented by the Intercollegiate Broadcasting System (IBS), WLFC is a finalist for Best Live Music Broadcast, Best Website and Best Logo.
WLFC underwent a series of updates that included a new logo and website over the past two years. Additionally, the station’s latest show “The I-75 Stopover” that features musicians traveling through the area has gained traction. According to station manager and alumnus Doug Jenkins, a live performance by indie artist Carsie Blanton on “The I-75 Stopover” show led to WLFC’s Live Music Broadcast nomination.
IBS will announce the award winners on Saturday, March 3.
- Student Teaching Around the World
- Marathon Process Improvement Expert Gene Fernandez Serving as UF’s Fall ’19 Dana Chair
- U.S. News & World Report Ranks UF Nationally for Academic Excellence and Student ‘Social Mobility’
- Greek Tale ‘Eurydice’ to be Staged During ’19 Homecoming and Family Weekend
- UF’s Black Student Union to Celebrate 50th Anniversary During Homecoming & Family Weekend
- Celebrating Culture: Alumnus and Director Robert E. Braylock Praises Differences