The University of Findlay’s student-led radio station 88.3 WLFC is in the running for three college radio awards. Presented by the Intercollegiate Broadcasting System (IBS), WLFC is a finalist for Best Live Music Broadcast, Best Website and Best Logo.
WLFC underwent a series of updates that included a new logo and website over the past two years. Additionally, the station’s latest show “The I-75 Stopover” that features musicians traveling through the area has gained traction. According to station manager and alumnus Doug Jenkins, a live performance by indie artist Carsie Blanton on “The I-75 Stopover” show led to WLFC’s Live Music Broadcast nomination.
IBS will announce the award winners on Saturday, March 3.
- UF Ranked Among Most Affordable Online Ed.D. Programs
- Alumnus Enjoys Profession and Values the University that Got Him There
- Annual Enchanted Brush Virtually Showcases “Creatures Most Curious”
- Oiler Mobile App Wins Title of “Best Student Engagement App” by Modo Labs
- UF Saddened by Passing of Trustee Emeritus George M. Showers
- Touchless Water Fountains to Decrease the Spread of Germs on UF Campus