The University of Findlay’s student-led radio station 88.3 WLFC is in the running for three college radio awards. Presented by the Intercollegiate Broadcasting System (IBS), WLFC is a finalist for Best Live Music Broadcast, Best Website and Best Logo.
WLFC underwent a series of updates that included a new logo and website over the past two years. Additionally, the station’s latest show “The I-75 Stopover” that features musicians traveling through the area has gained traction. According to station manager and alumnus Doug Jenkins, a live performance by indie artist Carsie Blanton on “The I-75 Stopover” show led to WLFC’s Live Music Broadcast nomination.
IBS will announce the award winners on Saturday, March 3.
- UF Theatre Presents Free Online Improv Show Directed by Alumna
- UF Pharmacy Alumna Awarded a Department of Veterans Affairs Coin
- UF Earns Multiple Rankings in U.S. News & World Report’s 2021 Best National Universities
- It’s a Virtual “Celebration of Oiler Nation” for Homecoming Weekend 2020
- Making Memories: Findlay College Alumnus Richard Crowder Navigates Toward Success
- Fall ‘20 Preview and Discovery Days Announced for Prospective Students