Findlay’s WLFC 88.3 Celebrates 40 Years on the Air with Reunion Show
The University of Findlay’s radio station, WFLC 88.3 FM, will celebrate 40 years on the air with a reunion show from 3 – 6:45 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 2. Listen to 88.3 or log on to wlfc883.com.
This weekend marks 40 years since WLFC signed on the air in November 1973. To celebrate this landmark year, seven Findlay College/The University of Findlay alumni will return to the WLFC studios and once again sit behind the microphone to spin the tunes and share their beloved college radio memories with some new listeners for the first time in nearly 40 years.
Each of the former jocks will perform a 30-minute radio show consisting of music and historical audio bits to entertain WLFC’s radio broadcast audience that now spans 17 Ohio counties and the globe via a 24/7/365 Internet radio stream.
Guest alumni include Bill Rumbold, Derek Shaw, Mike Yunis, Bob Locker, Carolyn chase, Jeff Miklovic and Rick Bunting:
- Bill Rumbold spearheaded moving WLFC from a close-circuit to a broadcast radio station. He is a former station manager, on-air personality and station consultant.
- Derek Shaw is WLFC’s former music director, station manager and on-air personality.
- Mike Yunis is a former music director and station manager and on-air personality. Yunis continues to be heard on WLFC with a weekly nationally Syndicated Radio Show called VR2 (Vintage Rock Radio), co-hosted by Chris Krause. For more information, visit www.vr2show.com and www.vr2radio.com.
- Bob Locker is a former station business manager and on-air personality.
- Carolyn Chase is a former music director and business manager, as well as an on-air personality. In addition, Chase was on air in Findlay for more than a decade at a local FM station.
- Jeff Miklovic is a former music director and on-air personality.
- Rick Bunting is a former music director and on-air personality.
For more information, contact Chris Underation, assistant professor of communication, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 419-434-4442.