Global Pharmaceutical Industry Topic of Presentation
Rao Vadlamudi, Ph.D., director, St. Peters Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences and president of the Indian Pharmaceutical Association, will discuss drug development in India and its global impact at the University of Findlay on Thursday, March 2. Vadlamudi’s presentation is scheduled from 3-4 p.m. in Room 2225 of the Davis Street Building.
The former editor of the Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Vadlamudi was recently elected president of the Indian Pharmaceutical Association for a second term, until 2018. He is also vice president of the Commonwealth Pharmacists Association (CPA).
Currently serving as the director of St. Peter’s Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Warangal, Vadlamudi has received several awards, including:
- Fellowship of the Indian Pharmaceutical Association (2000)
- B.N. Ghosh Memorial Oration Award of the Indian Pharmacological Society (2005)
- M.L. Khorana Memorial Lecture Award of IPA (2009)
- Eminent Pharmacist Award of IPA (2013)
- IPA President’s Special Oration Award (2014)
- Fellowship of the Association of Biotechnology and Pharmacy (2014)
Pharmacy students at University of Findlay have the opportunity to visit India and interact with pharmacists and other medical professionals during their advanced pharmacy practice rotation. M. Chandra Sekar, Ph.D., professor of pharmaceutical sciences, coordinates and leads the trips.