The University of Findlay’s art program and Graphic Design Club will host a free showing of documentary films and a virtual poster exhibit beginning at 7 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 19, in the Brewer Lecture Hall, located in Brewer Center for Health Sciences on College Street.
“Freedom on the Fence,” a documentary film about the revolutionary role posters played in the social, political and cultural life of Communist Poland, will be shown at 7 p.m. Poster designs from the 2011 Occupy Wall Street movement will be featured on a slideshow following the film. At 8:15 p.m., “POPaganda: The Art and Crimes of Ron English,” which examines the billboard-defacing antics of culture jammers, will be shown.
This event is free and open to the public. It is sponsored by the art program and the Graphic Design Club.
For more information, contact Anne Beekman at 419-434-5508 or email@example.com.
- Thankful for Oilers Here, There and Everywhere: Thanksgiving 2020
- #GivingTuesday ’20: Giving in a Time it’s Needed Most
- UF Celebrates Arbor Day 2020 with Two New Trees
- UF to Bring the North Pole to Findlay with Letters to Santa Drive-thru
- UF Bands and Orchestra to Offer Two Free Virtual Concerts
- Computer Science Department Celebrates Cybersecurity Awareness Month