The University of Findlay’s art program and Graphic Design Club will host a free showing of documentary films and a virtual poster exhibit beginning at 7 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 19, in the Brewer Lecture Hall, located in Brewer Center for Health Sciences on College Street.
“Freedom on the Fence,” a documentary film about the revolutionary role posters played in the social, political and cultural life of Communist Poland, will be shown at 7 p.m. Poster designs from the 2011 Occupy Wall Street movement will be featured on a slideshow following the film. At 8:15 p.m., “POPaganda: The Art and Crimes of Ron English,” which examines the billboard-defacing antics of culture jammers, will be shown.
This event is free and open to the public. It is sponsored by the art program and the Graphic Design Club.
For more information, contact Anne Beekman at 419-434-5508 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Standout Staples: Regional Business Leaders Offer Advice for Professional Newbies
- Recovery Art Portraying Personal Journeys to be Presented
- College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences Partners with 50 North to host ‘Ask the Professor’ Series
- UF Helping Hands Food Drive Increasing Collection Goal
- Leading the Way: Business Affiliates Scholarship Program Supports Students from the Region
- Mazza Museum’s Funday Sunday Series to Return in November