Oilers got “Back in Orange & Black” for ’21 Homecoming
Homecoming and Family Weekend 2021 concluded this past Sunday at the University of Findlay and those who participated are sure to remember the event for years to come.
After having a virtual Homecoming in 2020, the University was buzzing with excitement for more traditional, in-person events during this year’s celebration. Some fan-favorites included Oiler Bash, the All Alumni Tailgate, and the 13th annual Homecoming fireworks display.
During the Alumni Association Annual Awards Breakfast, nine alumni, faculty, and staff members were honored by being named a 2021 Distinguished Alumni, or receiving the Old Main Award, the Gold Medallion, the Arch Award, or the Honorary Alumni Award.
At halftime of the Homecoming football game on Saturday, where the Findlay Oilers triumphed over Kentucky Wesleyan, Kinsey Stephens, an Animal Science and Science double-major from Marion, Ohio, and Olunife Akinmolayan, a Pharmacy major from Aurora, IL, were crowned Homecoming royalty. Other students who were included in the 2021 Homecoming Court Top 10 were:
- Alyssa Aponte, Animal Science major from Lorain, Ohio
- Dylan Hunter, Exercise Science major from Mansfield, Ohio
- Marissa Pellis, Animal Science/Pre-Veterinary Medicine major from Greensburg, PA
- Hunter Rickett, Pharmacy major from Ashland, Ohio
- Amber Schweiger, Animal Science/Industry major from Hummelstown, PA
- Mark Trifelos, Environmental, Safety, and Occupational Health major from Columbus, Ohio
- Hayley Waltz, Psychology major, Pre-Occupational Therapy Doctoral Program from Rawson, Ohio
- Jayme Webb, Animal Science/Pre-Veterinary Medicine major from Arlington, Ohio