Chris Ward, Ed.D., associate professor of business and director of experiential learning, student engagement and community outreach, will present the Power of Portrayal: Building and Maintaining Your Online Brand (E-Professionalism) from 6-7 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 12, in The University of Findlay’s Alumni Memorial Union Endly Room.
Ward’s presentation is part of the Wilkin Chair series of events this year. Ron Tulley, Ph.D., associate professor of English, is the 2012-13 Richard E. Wilkin Chair for the College of Liberal Arts.
Tulley will devote one year of study to the interdisciplinary exploration of a single topic, The Power of Portrayal — The Social Nature of (Re-)Presenting a “Self:” Role Playing, Social Networking and Identity Formation in the Digital Age.
According to Tulley, his theme is designed to create a discourse community at The University of Findlay that investigates, discusses and debates what it means to construct a self-image in the digital age.
For more information, contact Tulley at email@example.com or 419-434-4608, or visit his blog: http://powerofportrayal.blogspot.com/
- Your Kids are Our Kids: UF Police Captain Steve Baum Takes Great Pride in His Work
- Old Main’s Ecological Footprint
- All Hazards Training Center to Offer Free Refresher Course During Homecoming and Family Weekend
- Support and Guidance: Jena Meloy ’06 Continues to Grow by Example
- Budding Pharmacists get a Dose of the Profession
- Constant Engagement: Rachel Darroch ’07 is Always an Oiler