Chris Ward, Ed.D., associate professor of business and director of experiential learning, student engagement and community outreach, will present the Power of Portrayal: Building and Maintaining Your Online Brand (E-Professionalism) from 6-7 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 12, in The University of Findlay’s Alumni Memorial Union Endly Room.
Ward’s presentation is part of the Wilkin Chair series of events this year. Ron Tulley, Ph.D., associate professor of English, is the 2012-13 Richard E. Wilkin Chair for the College of Liberal Arts.
Tulley will devote one year of study to the interdisciplinary exploration of a single topic, The Power of Portrayal — The Social Nature of (Re-)Presenting a “Self:” Role Playing, Social Networking and Identity Formation in the Digital Age.
According to Tulley, his theme is designed to create a discourse community at The University of Findlay that investigates, discusses and debates what it means to construct a self-image in the digital age.
For more information, contact Tulley at firstname.lastname@example.org or 419-434-4608, or visit his blog: http://powerofportrayal.blogspot.com/
- UF’s College of Pharmacy Works to Raise Awareness During American Pharmacists Month
- That’s what Dreams are Made of: University of Findlay Alumna Stays Close to Home
- University of Findlay Digital Media Club to Host Mock Election, ‘Rock the Mock’ on Oct. 27
- UF’s College of Education Mourns the Loss of Faculty Member Dr. John “Skip” Cindric
- Mazza Museum Brings Back Tales for Tots & Funday Sunday with a Twist
- That’s a Wrap on UF’s 2020 Virtual Homecoming!