Chris Ward, Ed.D., associate professor of business and director of experiential learning, student engagement and community outreach, will present the Power of Portrayal: Building and Maintaining Your Online Brand (E-Professionalism) from 6-7 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 12, in The University of Findlay’s Alumni Memorial Union Endly Room.
Ward’s presentation is part of the Wilkin Chair series of events this year. Ron Tulley, Ph.D., associate professor of English, is the 2012-13 Richard E. Wilkin Chair for the College of Liberal Arts.
Tulley will devote one year of study to the interdisciplinary exploration of a single topic, The Power of Portrayal — The Social Nature of (Re-)Presenting a “Self:” Role Playing, Social Networking and Identity Formation in the Digital Age.
According to Tulley, his theme is designed to create a discourse community at The University of Findlay that investigates, discusses and debates what it means to construct a self-image in the digital age.
For more information, contact Tulley at firstname.lastname@example.org or 419-434-4608, or visit his blog: http://powerofportrayal.blogspot.com/
- Alumna hired by Cleveland Browns
- Ohio Veterinarian Follows in Father’s UF Board of Trustees Footsteps
- January ’19 Educator Workshops to Focus on Helping Children Contend with Loss
- At Birchaven, Art Bridges Generational, Cognitive Gaps
- From Notion to Reality: Research in Air Pollution Leads to New Chamber
- Game, Set, Match: Gatherings Offer Opportunities for Moving and Learning