The University of Findlay will host “A Night with Coach Herman Boone” at 8 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 5, in Winebrenner Theological Seminary.
Boone, who was portrayed by actor Denzel Washington in “Remember the Titans,” will talk about overcoming obstacles, and he will share his life experiences.
The movie “Remember the Titans” will be shown on campus at 8 p.m. the preceding evening, Feb. 4, in the Alumni Memorial Union, Multipurpose Room.
Community members are welcome at both events, $1 at the door. UF students with a valid I.D. will be admitted at no cost.
Boone is a former high school football coach, most famous for coaching at T.C. Williams High School in Alexandria, Va. The movie follows the story of Boone, a newly appointed African-American coach, and his high school team during its first season as a racially integrated group.
The movie screening and Boone presentation will kick off UF’s celebration of Black History Month. The events are sponsored by the Office of Intercultural Services, Department of Athletics and Division of Student Affairs.
For more information, contact Almar Walter, director of intercultural student services, at 419-434-6967.
- A Storied Issue: Fall ’18 FindlayMag Features Fascinating Narratives
- Winter College ’19 to Feature Talks on Finance, Fitness, Fortitude
- Renowned “Mamma Mia!” Star Judy McLane to Perform at UF in January ‘19
- Hollywood Artist Baltazar and Artworks from His Children’s Sci-Fi Epic “Timeless” Coming to UF
- Algorithms, Arithmetic and Aristotle: Student Combines Philosophy and Mathematics in Studies and Life
- Equestrian Show Team Results - 12/1 & 12/2