M. Chandra Sekar, Ph.D., professor of pharmaceutical sciences, was an invited speaker at the JIC 2014, held in Ahmadabad, India, Jan. 10-12.
This was the second time in three years that Sekar was invited as a visiting faculty to this conference.
More than 2,500 delegates attended the conference, with 125 faculty members, of which 24 were from outside India.
The title of Sekar’s presentation was “Pharmacodynamics of clopidogrel versus prasugrel in elderly population.”
Two UF alumni, Kevin Erhart and Rachel Hoying, who recently graduated from UF’s physician assistant program, also had the opportunity to attend the conference with Sekar. Conference organizers generously provided complimentary registration and accommodation to the students.
- Celebrate with ‘Forever Oilers’ on UF Homecoming and Family Weekend
- Unique Perspective: Alumnus Dallas Smith ’17 Believes in Service
- Prolific and Celebrated Prose Writer and Poet Nikki Grimes to Present at UF
- Broadway Sensation Laura Osnes to Perform at UF
- Athletics 101: Head Athletic Trainer at UF is More than Meets the Eye
- Cancer Fighting Compounds: Pharmacy Students Developing New Drug