Sherri Garner Brumbaugh will serve as The University of Findlay’s 2014 Dana Chair. A class of 11 Dana Scholars has been selected.
The University of Findlay College of Business Dana Chair/Scholar Program provides an opportunity for business students to connect higher education with the real world of business.
A 1991 donation from the Dana Corporation established the Dana Chair to utilize the ”Executive-in-Residence” concept on campus. The program officially started in 1995 with the original intent that each academic year’s Dana Chair would provide leadership in bonding education and business.
The Dana Chair serves as a team builder and provides leadership in the undergraduate business program. Dana Scholars are chosen by the College of Business faculty and are recognized as outstanding students in the College of Business for their academic and leadership skills.
Since 2008, Brumbaugh is the president, CEO and owner of Garner Transportation Group in Findlay. Since 1991, her roles there have included terminal secretary, accounting clerk, 3PL/expediting coordinator and IT coordinator. Brumbaugh describes herself as an educator by trade and a “trucker by heritage.” Garner Trucking Inc. was founded by her parents, Vern and Jean Garner, in 1960 with one truck and is a family-owned and operated company specializing in contract truckload carriage and logistics.
Brumbaugh has a degree in music education from The Ohio State University and a master’s degree in guidance and career counseling from Bowling Green State University.
The 2014 Dana Scholars:
Haley A. Crawford, Fremont, Ind.
Jordan A. Drerup, Findlay
Joseph Gallello, Findlay
Jordan Garcia, Fremont
Jacob Heagen, New Concord
Kaulin C. Hooper, Beachwood
Sierra J. Hutton, Findlay
Emily N. Mock, Lakeside
Gregory Newland, Kenton
Michele K. Schambs, Chillicothe
Debra J. Ward, Fostoria
- Marathon Process Improvement Expert Gene Fernandez Serving as UF’s Fall ’19 Dana Chair
- U.S. News & World Report Ranks UF Nationally for Academic Excellence and Student ‘Social Mobility’
- Greek Tale ‘Eurydice’ to be Staged During ’19 Homecoming and Family Weekend
- UF’s Black Student Union to Celebrate 50th Anniversary During Homecoming & Family Weekend
- Celebrating Culture: Alumnus and Director Robert E. Braylock Praises Differences
- Harry Melroy’s Intuitive Art Encourages Individual Storytelling