The University of Findlay Orchestra will present “Almost Christmas” at 3 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 9, in the Winebrenner Theological Seminary TLB Auditorium.
There is no cost to attend this performance, and no tickets are required.
Traditional Christmas selections will include “Gesu Bambino,” “Il Est Ne” and selections from Handel’s “Messiah.” The group also will perform, among others, “Ave Maria” and Corelli’s “Concerto Grosso in D Major,” which was written prior to Corelli’s more famous “Christmas Concerto.”
The orchestra is conducted by Thomas Carey and includes University students, staff members and musicians from Findlay and its surrounding communities.
- Marathon Process Improvement Expert Gene Fernandez Serving as UF’s Fall ’19 Dana Chair
- U.S. News & World Report Ranks UF Nationally for Academic Excellence and Student ‘Social Mobility’
- Greek Tale ‘Eurydice’ to be Staged During ’19 Homecoming and Family Weekend
- UF’s Black Student Union to Celebrate 50th Anniversary During Homecoming & Family Weekend
- Celebrating Culture: Alumnus and Director Robert E. Braylock Praises Differences
- Harry Melroy’s Intuitive Art Encourages Individual Storytelling